What ?

"Okay everyone eyes on this sexy beast right here." I look away from the heart breaking scene to look at 'sexy beast'.

Why are they here? This was supposed to be a fun night for me

"So this is how the games going to work. You'll be working in teams to find the hidden treasure on the beach.
I know it sounds childish but it was Luke's idea and since it's his birthday we have to do it." The guy said to everyone.

"Everyone has to be at least six in a group. So get choosing " he finishes off.

"Wendy! Wendy!" I look to see who's calling me only to see Tiffany waving at me like a mad woman.

Walking up to her, I try my best to avoid Sandy' s glare.

"Okay so it's me,you, Luke, Thomas and Joe. Yay were enough let's go!" Tiffany says.

"Uh excuse me.I have to be with my boyfriend so I'm on this group too." Sandy's annoying says.

I see Tiffany roll her eyes and walk away non the less.

She did that on purpose

I run to catch up with Tiffany and Luke .

We walk towards the beach to meet Mr 'sexy beast' who has our instructions for the challenge.

Still don't know his name

"Listen up. Here is your notes to the  treasure.  There are hints on the notes that will help direct you. The rules are you have to be back in time for the bonfire and to have a hell of a good time. You may go!" He shouts out and people start going in different directions.

"Wendy your with John, I'm going to be with Luke and Thomas your with ..... whatever she is. Okay here's your page of hints now let's go win this game!" Tiffany screams out and walks away with Luke hand in hand.

I look at Sandy and a laugh escapes my lips before I could could stop it.

"What are you laughing at bitch!" She snaps before turning aroundand leaving.

I finish up laughing. I look up and see that John has a wide grin on his face and that Thomas is staring at me.

I immediately stop laughing and my face stars burning up.

"You have a nice laugh Wendy" I hear John say.

"Thanks" I mumble .

It's quiet for a while.

Awkward silence

I look up and see that Thomas is still staring at me but instead of turning away this time, I'm captivated by his eyes.

"Okay..... let's go beautiful" John says while pulling me away. I come back to reality and start walking with John.

Once we're a little far John starts talking.

"What. Was. That?" John asks

"What was what" I ask as if I'm completely clueless.

"Don't act stupid with me. What's up with you and Thomas?" He insists.

"Nothing. He doesn't even know my name." I say looking forward.

"Oh so you not going to tell me?" He says

"There'snothing to tell John. Trust me" I say stopping to look at him. Just to show him I'm serious.

He looks back at me for a while.
"Okay I believe you." He finally says.

"So this thing says we should go this way and. ......" I stop listening to him and my mind starts wondering away to Thomas.

What just happened?