interesting

Thomas's  POV

As I watch Wendy walk out the door I'm trying to figure out what it is that makes me want to know more about her. She's definitely different than other girls.

We spent majority of our night playing 20 questions, well it was more than that, but all the other times I've played the game with other girls we never got to ask each other more than two questions because it would lead to us having sex.

But with Wendy I wanted to ask her more questions about herself and I was oddly comfortable with the questions she asked me.

Wendy is beautiful, no doubt about that. But i think she doesn't know that she is beautiful.

Overall Wendy is different and definitely interesting.

"Thomas?" I hear an annoying voice say behind me.

Sandy.

This girl is getting on my last nerve. She's too clingy and its irritating. I only had the intention of fucking her a few times. Never have I ever told her we were going out but she started saying to people that we were. That made me not like her more.

"What" I say to her in a cold and irritated voice turning around to face her

"Baby can we ju-" she starts to say.

"Don't call me that you bitch. Didn't you hear what I said. I'm done with you. So please get out of my sight and don't even think about talking to me again. I only wanted to have sex with you. That's it. I don't love you.  So stop being clingy and desperate. It doesn't suit you." I say to her before turning around and walking out the door towards my car.

I know I'm a jerk. A huge one actually. But girls like Sandy still come to me thinking that I'll be different towards them. I told Sandy before we started sleeping with each other that I'm not serious with her and she still agreed. I'm guessing she thought that she will somehow change me to be a 'better person'.

I open my car door and get in. I start the car and drive out the driveway.

Since I don't have anywhere else to go I decide to go the house instead.

As I'm driving I can't help but think about Wendy again. I'm attracted to her ,there's no doubt about that. But the only thing that's confusing is that I don't just want to fuck her and leave her. I'd actually like to sit down and talk to her like we did tonight.

Her laugh is beautiful and contagious. I can't remember when last I laughed like that. I had fun tonight and that's even more confusing cause its the first time I have fun with a girl without us having sex.

I pull into our driveway and park the car at my usual spot. I take some time to breathe a bit before I get out of my car.

I walk up to the door and open it.

It's quiet and for a second I feel like things will be different tonight but that's before I hear my mother crying in the kitchen.

I sigh knowing what happened already.

I head to the kitchen and find my mother sitting on the kitchen chair drinking from a bottle of wine.

She's drunk which is weird because my mother has never gotten drunk in all my 18 years of living on this earth. Something is terribly wrong.

"Mom? What's wrong? " I ask her

She looks up at me and her bloodshot eyes meet my worried ones.

"Oh baby. Don't worry about me." My mother says to me." I'm alright sweaty. Nothing I can't handle." She  continues trying to compose herself but failing terribly because more tears start falling.

I go up to her and hug her.

"What did he do this time and don't defend him ma" I ask my mother.

My mother doesn't say anything instead she cries harder. I hug her tighter.

Anger starts to consume every single cell and nerve in my body.

"It's okay ma. Just....just stop crying. Please stop crying." I plead to my mother.

Nick Shaw is the reason why my mother is crying.

Nick is my 'father'

My bastard of a father