look closer

Concentrate Wendy

Concentrate

Stop thinking about Thomas

I mean he just winked at you its not like he proposed

The sound of the bell ringing brings me back to reality. Students are rushing out of the class wanting to get as far as possible from this hell hole.

I don't blame them really. I mean cause I also want to leave.

I pack away my books and start heading for the door when Mr Hugo calls me to his desk.

"Yes sir?" I ask with a very confused face.

"Wendy the principle would like to have a word with you before you leave. " he says without even looking at me.

"The principle? " I ask him. "Am I in trouble sir?"

He finally looks up from his paperwork. " No Wendy, you're not in trouble because you're good girl. He just wants to talk to you about personal matters"

I slowly nod my head as I walk out of the class making my way to the principles office.

Personal matters? Personal matters?
What does he possibly know about my pesornal life?

"Afternoon Miss Jess. Uhm Mr Hugo said that the principle wants to uh see me? " I ask the school receptionist as soon as i arrive at the office.

She looks confused for a while before her face lights up. "Yes! Wendy. Go right through. He's already expecting you." She says with a sympathetic smile?

I knock on Mr Garn's door and wait for any kind of response.

"Enter!" He shouts loud enough for me to hear.

I slowly open the door suddenly more nervous than before and walk in hesitedly.

"Ah Wendy! Please, come in and take a seat. Oh and close the door behind you too." He instructs with a creepy smile on his face.

I do as what he says and sit down uncomfortably on the weirdly comfy chair.

"Wendy. I want to inform you that it's time for you to decide what you're going to do with your mother's body. You also need to fill in a few documents that state that you are now fully independent and responsible for present debts that your mother might have had. There's also......"

I zoned out before he could complete his sentence.

I forgot about this

All of this

The part where there should be a funeral. The part where I'm now responsible.

All of it

I look up again to see that forms are being handed to me for me to sign and fill in.

"Have you decided when the funeral will be Wendy?"

I shake my head "No. I haven't "

I want to say she doesn't deserve one but considering that this is my principal I have to keep that statement to myself.

"Maybe you should do it this weekend Wendy. I'll be there to support you." He says

I nod " can I... uh leave sir?" I asked

He looks at me for while longer before nodding.

I quickly stand to make my escape.

I feel like I'm going to throw up