Rachel Daly x Sarah Gorden

Before we begin, I would like to take a moment to appreciate the glory of Rachel Daly (Houston Dash and EngWNT) and Sarah Gorden (CRS). Sarah had a little boy in college I believe, named Caiden or CJ for short. He is the absolute cutest thing ever and their relationship gives me life tbh. So I'm gonna do a story about them based on Better Place by Rachel Platten. It is set on Mother's Day, and it is gonna be mostly Rachel and Caiden. It may not be as long, but oh well...

I'll tell the world, I'll sing a song
It's a better place since you came along
Since you came along
Your touch is sunlight through the trees
Your kisses are the ocean breeze
Everything's alright when you're with me

Rachel Daly, awoke on this Mother's Day, her first, to an empty bed. She sighed, upset, until she checked her phone. The text awaiting her made her day.

Hey Beautiful. Any way you could head up to the airport? CJ and I sorta, kinda need a ride and a place to stay...?

She sprang out of bed, and threw on whatever clothes she could find, her flip flops that were sitting next to her bed, and her sunglasses. Rach quickly ran a comb through her hair and pulled it back out of her face. Grabbing her keys, she ran out to her car, and turned on the engine. She borderline sped to George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Once she arrived, she pulled out her phone and texted Sarah, asking what gate she was at. Once she got the response, she headed to gate E. Jogging down the airport corridor, she skidded to a stop at Gate E. She scanned the crowd, but soon heard the voice that never ceased to put a smile on her face.

"Mama!" The little boy flung his small body into Rachel's arms.

"CJ! How's my little buddy?"

"Good!" He giggled. Rachel looked up and saw Sarah strolling towards her.

"Hey Rach." She whispered into Rachel's ear as she wrapped her into a hug and kissed her lips.

"Gross." Caiden mumbled causing his mothers to laugh.

"Happy Mother's Day." Rachel mumbled into Sarah's lips.

"Hmm and you as well." She giggled.

"I right here y'know." Caiden sighed out in exasperation.

"Aww Caid." Rachel laughed. "Come on guys. Let's go home."

Rachel and Sarah walked out of the airport hand-in-hand with CJ on Rachel's shoulders. They headed home, and once they got their stuff in the house, sat on the couch.

"Sar. Do you wanna go out?" Rachel asked.

"I'm actually exhausted. Do you mind if we hang in?"

"Whatever you want. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah you know how flying makes me really exhausted. Maybe we can go out for dinner?"

"Yeah why don't I make reservations and you go take a nap. I'll take care of Caiden as well."

"You sure?" Sarah raised her eyebrows skeptically towards her girlfriend.

"Of course! Now please go nap. You look exhausted."

"I just feel bad because it's your first Mother's Day, and I won't even be awake." Sarah sighed

"I'll be spending my first Mother's Day with the one who made me a mother." Rachel picked Sarah up and carried her to her bed, where she tucked her in and kissed her forehead. "Go to sleep. If we go anywhere I'll leave a note on the counter."

"I love you." Sarah mumbled into Rachel's lips.

"Mm I love you too." Rach mumbled back. "Get some sleep now beautiful." Rachel pulled away and headed out the door, and went down the hall to Caiden's room.