Krashlyn- Goal Post

Get the ball out. Come on Ash get it out.  Ashlyn Harris was concentrating. Hard. She finally got the start in a friendly for the US, and they were playing China. For whatever reason, the backline wasn't as strong today, and there were a ton of shots getting through. On one particular occasion, there was a shot that really challenged her. She had to fully extend to the right upper 90, and tip it over the bar. This was during the 44th minute, and ended up being the last shot of the half. The team knew they weren't playing their best, so the moral was down in the locker room, for everyone except Ash. She knew she was playing great, and had every intention of continuing that.
"Ash!" Jill called her out. "Great job!" To which Ash just smiled. "Now backline!" Jill continued. "What the hell is going on?! Anyone?" She questioned threateningly.
"Sorry coach" the back four mumbled collectively.
"Get it together ladies!" Jill threatened. Ali was really shaken up, and she went over to Ashlyn.
"Hey babe." Ash greeted.
"Hi."
"What's wrong, Alex?"
"Ash I suck. Why am I even on this team?"
"Alex. You do not suck. You are the best right back in the world and you know that!" Ash said bringing her into a hug.
"You do not suck Ali." She continued, kissing her forehead. "I promise"
"It's jus- I mea- why, Ashlyn? Why do I suck today?"
"I can't answer that. Is something bothering you?"
"Not that I know of."
"Well then maybe it's just an off day."
"Yeah I guess."
"Tell you what. You promise to do every single thing you can to win this game, and I'll do the same. We'll be unstoppable." Ash said with a smile.
"I promise Ashlyn. We will not lose because of me. I'll make sure of it."
"And I promise the same."
"Good. Now we have to get back out there. Let's go kick some ass Als."
"Let's go." Ali responded with determination in her eyes. "Let's go." She said through gritted teeth, under her breath. The team got out there, and they took their respective positions. Alex had the kickoff, and she laid it off to Tobin, who got the attack generated up the flank. The US has had control of the ball for the majority of the first 28 minutes of the half, until the tables turned. The China winger got a break up the right flank, since nobody was covering the RIGHT WING. (*cough* HAO wasn't there because someone thought it's be a good plan to keep her off the roster... *cough*). Ali had to step to cut down the angle, but the player got the cross off, switching it to the left side of the field. Hinkle tried to step but missed miserably, giving the ball away to China's right winger. She was then able to get the cross off to the back post. Ashlyn, knowing there was a player behind her making the run, backpedaled and leaped to swat the ball away, but as soon as she made contact with the ball, so did her back with the post. Ashlyn was down. She was not moving, not talking, and barely breathing. 
"ASHLYN!" Ali screamed as she ran to her side. She saw that she wasn't moving, and she immediately motioned for the trainers.
"Ali" Ashlyn rasped.
"I'm right here baby. Right here." 
"I can't feel my legs, Al. I can- I can-" Ashlyn said as her breathing started to thin.
"Ashlyn. I need you to stay awake. Please baby!"
"ALI! You need to move!" The trainer called.
"Please no! Please!" Ali begged.
"I'm sorry Ali. But you can't."
Just as Ali was about to start sobbing, she felt strong arms pick her up carry her away. She looked up and found herself in JJ's arms. Julie placed her on the ground, and Ali cried into her chest. 
"Sh-she can't f-feel her legs, J." 
"She's gonna be okay, Als."
"How can you be so sure?" Ali said starting to calm down.  
"Because she is. She has to be. you know Ash. She is one of the strongest people out there." Julie soothed. "Do you want a sub?"
"Yeah"
"OK" Julie said. "Jill! Get Kriegs a sub?"
"Yeah!" Jill called back. Ali looked over, and she saw the trainers working on Ashlyn, so she decided to walk over to the scene.
"Dawn?" She asked. "Can I please talk to her?"
"Yeah go ahead. We have to get the stretcher."
"Thanks" Ali responded as she approached Ashlyn. "Ash? Ashlyn? Ash baby look at me!"
"A-Alex?"
"Yeah it's me Ash." 
"Ali I love you."
"I love you too Ash."
"Ali?"
"What?"
"Did I save it?"
"Yes you saved it Ash."
"Good. Ali. I need you to promise me something."
"anything."
"If I never regain feeling in my legs, will you always love me?"
"Ashlyn Michelle Harris. I will always love you. No matter what."
"I'll always love you too Ali."
"Ali! We have to get in!" Dawn called.
With that, Ali leaned down and kissed Ashlyn with passion, not caring that she essentially just came out to the world. "I love you so much Ashlyn."
"I-I love you too Alex. I'll be fine." Ashlyn responded. And with that, Ali took her seat on the bench, and let KO sub in for her, as they loaded Ash on the ambulance. Ali was sitting next to Christen, who pulled her in for a hug.
"She'll be okay Ali. I just know it." Christen soothed, as Ali cried silently into her chest. The game went on for the final 20 minutes, and when the final whistle blew, Ali ran to the locker room, and didn't even shower. She just ran straight back out, after grabbing her stuff, and asked Jill what hospital they went to. Once she found out, she got special permission for her brother to drive her there, so Ali hopped the railing, and they ran out of the stadium and to his car. Kyle drove to the hospital as fast as he could, and they went in the Emergency Room entrance. She saw Dawn and they both rushed over to her.
"Dawn!" Ali called out of breath.
"Hi Ali. Hi Kyle."
"Any news yet?" Ali asked frantically. 
"Not yet. We have to wait for the doctor." Dawn responded.
A few minutes later, Ash's doctor walked in. "Family of Ashlyn Harris?" He called out. 
"Over here!" Dawn said.
"Yes. Could you follow me?"
"Sure." So Dawn, Ali, and Kyle followed him.
"What's the news Doctor?" Ali asked him desperately.
"Well, it is one of two things. One repairable and one not..."

AN:
HOLA AMIGOS! Sorry it's been a million years since I last posted... Anyways hoped you liked this... Requests, feedback, votes, are always appreciated... Thanks for reading!