MORGAN BRIAN (Moe, Bean)

So um. I really love Moe. Not only is she adorably quirky and lowkey hilarious, but I think we can safely say she probably won us the World Cup. Not following? Let me explain... So. China game. Who had to sit out? Cheney and Pinoe. Who did we put in to replace Cheney? Moe. But wait. Wasn't Cheney playing attacking midfielder, You ask? And didn't Moe play in the holding midfield, you ask? Yes.

SOOOO. We put in Moe in the holding midfield...

Where Carli Lloyd was playing...

But where did Carli play?

SOOOOO. By playing Morgan in the holding midfield, (WHERE CARLI WAS!) Jillian was forced to push Carli Lloyd up... To an attacking Midfielder...

By pushing Carli Lloyd up, the attack got going.

Guess who scored in that game? CARLI LLOYD... 

After the China game, we switched the formation entirely, playing a 4-4-2, with Carli and Alex up top and Cheney and Moe in the midfield, rather than a 4-5-1, with Alex alone, and Carli in the holding and Cheney in the attacking. This formation change allowed for Moe to play holding, Cheney attacking, and Carli up top... This formation allowed Carli to get forward in the attack, as well as keeping Cheney in that attacking midfield position, and in the attack as well. This formation held up for the rest of the WC, including the final...

Where, because she was in on the attack, Carli Lloyd scored the hattrick. Not only that, but many people assume that Carli Lloyd had the game winning goal, but she didn't. For those that don't know, the game winning goal is the goal that would put you up one against your opponents, and in this case, Japan scored two, so the game winning goal was the third U.S. goal. Scored by none other than...

Lauren Holiday... Who, if Moe had not performed well throughout the games she played in, would have probably been pushed back to the holding midfield position. Then she probably would not have scored that goal, and who knows what would've happened from there? Anything could've happened. Anything. Also, Tobin may not have scored, because someone else may not have been where Moe was standing to serve the ball. So. In my opinion, Morgan Paige Brian won us the Women's World Cup in Canada, 2015.

Not only that, but just watch Moe on the field. You can see the gears turning, and her brain is always thinking. She is always in position, and has an amazing grasp on the game. It's like she always knows where the ball is, and how to be in a position to help her teammates. She has one of the highest football IQ's that I have ever seen, and it is so fun to watch her because of that, along with her finesse and personality on the field. 

PLUS She's really cute and likes macaroons. That is all. Curious to hear your thoughts.