Prologue

5/20/24: I'm currently taking this story under rewrites to change the POV to 3rd. There should be very little change plot-wise, but I'll probably fix some grammatical mistakes while I'm at it. So if you're reading this at any point afterwards you may notice a change in the wording midway through a chapter.

This story is one of two crossovers involving an OC of mine, Ana, from my Narnia stories. If you haven't read them, Ana's character is explained throughout so it's not a big deal. Both crossovers are stand-alone from each other so each should be read as their own story. The POVs will flip between Merlin and hers so you can see what's happening from both the Narnian and Camelot sides. Enjoy!

Timeline:
Narnia - Between my Prince Caspian & Voyage of the Dawn Treader books
Merlin - Sometime post-season 4

𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷

She was running. As much as she didn't want to, she knew that she had to. It was the only way she could keep him alive now. They thought her a traitor and accused her of poisoning the Kings. She didn't have time to find a prove her innocence. Finding a cure was more important. She hoped that would be enough to convince them her motives were pure. That she had no reason to kill the Kings.

She could hear the dogs barking in the distance, but it seemed they had forgotten. They wouldn't find her that way, wouldn't find her at all. Not unless she let them. Her scent was too confusing to follow; it mixed with the Narnian part of her and any trail would be lost. They could track her footsteps, yes—if she hadn't grown up in the forest and spent a whole lifetime hiding from people, witches, and Narnians alike. She had learned how to hide a trail long ago. Her magic certainly helped but a lot of her skills came from spending so much of her life in hiding. Now it seems she would have to do so again. She could only hope that the creatures of the forest—nymphs and dryads alike—would keep her location secret.

As she stopped to catch her breath, she noticed a cave nearby and ran inside. This would be her new home for a while. She used ivy and vines to quickly cover up the entrance. It would provide her with some degree of protection until she could find better accommodations. Someplace more hidden. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that.

She could no longer hear the dog chasing her and there were no sounds of approaching soldiers. She was safe. For now. But only Aslan knew how long that would last.

"How did it get this far?" she thought to herself. Thinking back, she realized she should've asked for help long ago, begged the King to see. She may not have had proof, but surely she could have brought it to his attention. At least then he could have been on the lookout for a threat or attack. But now...? Now, she had seen too much, gotten too close to uncovering the truth. She missed the obvious threat and now she would take the fall for everything.

"Oh Aslan!" she thought, "what do I do now?"

She fell against the walls of the cave and drew her knees to her chest. She willed herself not to cry. It would do no good. It wouldn't help the situation. Crying only ceased to make her seem weak, something she couldn't afford right now. She had to remain strong if she had any hope of saving the Kings.

Exhausted from her trek and the realization that she was safe for the time being, she began to fall asleep. As she dozed off, a soft gentle voice whispered "Emrys. You must talk to him. He'll help you, Ana."