"Stupid. Why ain't you eat?" Sean said.

He just shrugged. "I don't know."

After five minutes of putting him to shame for not eating, and after the paramedics left, Sean and Mike left in the same car leaving me and Darron sitting on the bench.

"So you and Trina still..."
"Yep." Darron responded before I could finish my sentence. "We're thinking about marriage."

I jerked my head back. "Are you sure you're ready for marriage bro?"

"No! Not now, we're talking about in the future."
I exhaled. "Oh okay. Marriage huh?"

He nodded.
"Damn, I don't think I'll ever get that far."

"Why not?" He asked

"Marriage? Get real. You're gonna need to know about love and how to cook and then she gone want ten kids. Unun I'm straight."

He shook his head. "You say it like that's a problem. I mean the ten kids part I understand, but what woman want ten kids? Know how to cook? It's not hard, you can't depend on fast food forever. And love? You make love sound like its a punishment." He said.

"Heyyyy Dom." Some chick in booty shorts said as she walked by.

I gave her a head nod. "Sup."
"You wanna come over? I got Netflix." She smirked.

"Nah I'm cool."

She caught an attitude. "You say that like you got a girlfriend or something."

"I do." I lifted a brow. She stank-walked away.

I just shook my head and looked down. I felt Darron smiling at me so I glanced at him. "What?"

"That was love."

"What 'chu talking bout?" I asked confused.

"You pieced that girl out of respect for Rose, that's love."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Man whatever."

"I'm for real. You talk so much about how love ain't real and how you don't know what it is, but what you did was love. You might not be completely in love with her, but you definitely have love for her." He said.

I stared blankly at him. Damn he could be right.

"Don't think about it too hard." He chuckled. "I'm about to go home, I'll holla at you later." He got up and left. He told me not to think about it to hard, but that is exactly what I did.

---

"And then she keep taking off her glove and scratching her head in front of the food Dom!" Rose whisper yelled to me at the table in Chipotle. She was on her lunch break and she actually made me a burrito bowl.

I laughed and continued to eat.

"Ugh I just can't stand her you don't understand." She said, taking another bite.

"Aww Rose is this your boyfriend." Some lady came up to our table.

"Hey girl. And yes this is Dominic."

"Nice to meet you Dominic, I'm Tayra, Roses friend." She held out her hand and I shook it back.

I felt an awkward energy in the room. Rose just kept nodding and smiling at this girl like they were best friends.

She finally walked away. Rose made gagging noises and roughly jabbed her food with her fork. I looked around confused.

"Did I miss something?" I asked.

"That's the one I was talking about. I don't fucking like her." She said.

I put my hand on my chest like I was in shock. "Rose! Did you just curse?"

She laughed. "Shut up Dom."

"But why were you talking and laughing with her then?" I asked.

She glanced at me. "Because I'm fake as f."

I laughed. " 'as f ' "

"What? I'm trying not to curse. I hate cursing, it doesn't sound cute coming out my mouth." She shrugged.

"You're so innocent, it's cute." I said.

"Awwwwww you think I'm cute?" She said while looking like a little girl.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Stop playing and get back to work." I stood up. "I'll see you later."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹