Five

"You work things out with things out with Trina yet, I ain't tryna have you on my couch for much longer." I sat on my porch steps as Darron leaned against the railing.

I'll be there when you need me, but he seemed to be doing nothing to get his own place or make things right with his girl, or should I say, his temporary hoe.

"Man she buggin'." He looked out towards the road.

"Well, what's your plan?"

He clenched his teeth and blow out air. "Shit, I don't know."

I shook my head. I was going to say something else but my phone rang inside my house.

I quickly rose to my feet and jogged up the stairs to my front door. I shook my head again at Darron before closing the door behind me. "You need a fucking job."

I hurried to the couch where my phone was ringing.

Rose

Goddamnit

"Hello?" I sighed a little.

"Hey." I knew she was smiling by the tone of her voice. Why is she happy all the damn time?

"Wassup?" I walked into the kitchen.

"I'm just kind of excited about Saturday. But I just wanted to give you a heads up about my dad."

"Wassup?" I said again, showing no interest in her, hoping she could take another hint.

"Well if he sees us coming in together he's gonna want to pull you aside and have a 'talk' with you and I didn't want you to be caught off guard."

I put my forehead in my palms. "Well, your father should know that me and you are only friends."

I knew I had killed her inside. I felt how hurt she was through the phone. She got really silent for about 3 seconds and her whole mood and the tone of her voice had changed.

"Yeah I know, but...that's just how my father is. He wants to make sure that whatever man that I'm with doesn't hurt me." She sighed.

"Oh okay." I smacked on a peice of ham I got from my fridge, unfazed by what she was saying. Fathers don't scare me.

I heard noise coming from outside. It was a female shouting "you dirty asshole!!"I peeked my head around the corner to the front door and didn't see Darron anymore.

"Rose I gotta go. I'll pick you up at 6 on Saturday."

She said okay in a low voice. She was sad, I know, but it's better to friend zone her now before she catch feelings or I'll have another chick banging at my door talking about 'I'm pregnant'. Fuck outta here, I'll pass.

I opened my door and there was Trina and Darron fighting in the grass. Actually Trina was fighting and Darron was just trying to grab a hold of her wrists.

"I hate you!!" She shouted as she repeatedly smacked the back of his head. Darron ducked down to protect himself.

"Aye aye!!" I ran down there and separated the two.