Twelve

I answered the knock at my door and there was Darron, who finally decided to bring my charger. He dropped it in my hand.

"It's about time, nigga." I said. "Why didn't you come to Meech's party? You know his parties ain't the ones to miss." I said while inviting him in.

"Been hanging with my lady, man." He closed the door behind him.

"Trina? Y'all getting along now?" I asked, not being able to believe it.

He shrugged. "Yeah I guess. I kinda got to me how much she cried about me not treating her right. So, I'm changing my ways."

I laughed. "Darron? Is that you? This can't be my bro right now." I shook my head.

He just stood there smiling,taking it all in.

"What have you done with the old Darron?" I joked.

"What about you bruh, you ain't gone settle down or nothing?" He said.

I shrugged. "Something like that."

"I thought I would be able to be a dog forever, but sometimes you just want a woman that will always be there for you." He said.

I nodded in agreement. "Look at you, getting all wise and shit."

He laughed. We talked for a little while longer, then he left.

I'm not sure if I was settling down with Rose or not. I knew that we were together now, but who knows, someone else might catch my eye.

---

"Just be chill, my family is cool people." Rose said as we pulled in the driveway of her parents house. Which was huge by the way. The backyard had a patio, a pool and hella grassland.

"Aight." I opened my door and got out, she did the same.

As we walked together to the backyard I found myself holding Rose's hand. I don't know why, I just did.

"I hope they got ribs." I said.

She looked down at our hands. "They will, and Dom, are you holding my hand?" She smiled.

I shrugged. "I guess I'm just catching on to your habits."

She smiled and looked straight ahead. As soon as we reached the backyard, heads turned from every direction.

"Rosie!!" A woman that looked just like Rose yelled. She came up and gave her a big hug.

"Mom, this is Dominic." She gestured towards me.

Her mom smiled. "Hello. Are you staying for the cookout? We've got plenty of food." She was so friendly.

"Yes I am. The food smells good." I responded.

"Well y'all go on over there and fix y'all a plate." She pointed to the many pans and bowls of food sitting on 3 rectangular tables.

"Ma, we just got here." Rose laughed. "Can I introduce him to the family first?"

"Oh yes child, go ahead. You two look beautiful together." She added before she walked off.

I saw her father again and he was happy to see me, which was shocking. I met her favorite aunts and cousins, and her uncle who is the drunk of the family. The whole atmosphere wasn't like anything that I have been in. Everyone was just so friendly, and they treated me like I had been around for years. I've always wanted a family, I'm lucky enough to have Darron and Randy.

We had just finished eating all that delicious food; chicken, potato salad, collard greens, pasta salad, macaroni and cheese, ribs, links, and chitlens, which I'm not too crazy about, at least not like her family.

I was stuffed. I didn't think I could even stand up. All of a sudden...

"Granny here! She brought the sweet potato pie!!" A lady shouted and I jumped up out of my seat. Now that's something I'm crazy about. I don't care how full I am...gimme the pie!!

Rose cracked up laughing as I was at the table to get the first slice. I came back to our table, just as happy as can be.

"Um, you like sweet potato pie huh?" She joked.

"Man.." I stuffed my face.
She kept giggling.

"Yo family can cook! Imma have to come over here tomorrow." I said after I finished the pie on the 3rd bite.

"I hope this is going to make you get some real food in your house besides all of that junk." She said.

"I can't cook."

"But I can."

"Hmm. Aight then Rose, make me dinner tomorrow?" I said, putting her to the test.

She shrugged. "Fine."

The family line danced to a few songs and I just wanted to sit back and watch, but Rose's mom pulled me to the floor. Now I understand why Rose likes to dance so much, cause her family danced like it was their last.

About 5 o'clock we were heading out. Everyone gave me warm hugs and let me know that I was truly welcomed in their family. I felt at home. Kind of didn't want to leave but we did, and you know I took a few plates home.

"Damn I wish I had your family." I said as she backed out of the driveway.

"Yeah, they are pretty cool. But honestly they can get annoying sometimes." She said.

That day I really went into my feelings. I just hate my parents so much right now.

"I'm finna be knocked out." I said as Rose parked her car in my driveway. I saw her unbuckle her seatbelt.

"You coming?" I asked.

"Yeah." She invited herself

"You just do whatever you want huh?"

"Yep." She giggled.

She acted like we were coming in to hang out, but actually we just fell asleep on the couch together. And my feelings grew stronger for Rose.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹