Seven

At the last minute, Randy decides to explain to me that his sister's birthday party is a formal thing. She titled it the Candy Ball, which I thought was clever. She had candy literally everywhere.

I wore a tux with a red bow tie. Had to get spiffy for the ladies.

Everything was put together well and it was very organized. Jasmine, Randy's sister wore a fluffy pink ball gown and a tiara that sparkled bright.

"Oh my gosh, Dominic you came?" She said as she greeted me with a hug.

"Of course. This is for you." I handed her a pink bag with silver tissue paper coming out of it.

"Thanks! I'll set it with my others."

As bad as Jasmine was, I've never tried to come on to her out of respect to Randy. Sisters are just off limits to us. Doesn't really matter to me because I don't have any sisters, not that I know of.

30 minutes later

I had danced to the Cupid shuffle and a bunch of other songs and when I got tired I went to sit at a table. I sat back and laughed at everyone else acting a fool. Randy brought his own personal bottle of Hennessy so you know he was in the middle of the floor getting buck wild.

Darron came and sat next to me. "Sup man."

I gave him a hand shake. "Wassup, I didn't know you were here."

"I just got here."

"Oh okay." I looked back out into the dance floor and saw Randy doing the Bernie and I instantly laughed.

"Look who's here." Darron said

I stopped laughing and looked in the direction he was looking in and there was Shawnie walking to a table in a skin tight red spaghetti strap dress with a slit at the bottom.

"Mmmm." I said.

"You still trying to get with her bro?"

"Absolutely." I watched her pull out her own chair and sit down alone. "I'll be right back."

He was shaking his head as I walked away.

"Shawnie." I smirked as I approached her.

She rolled her eyes. "Dominic."

"Why that face? Aren't you happy to see me?" I proudly took a seat next to her.

She ignored me.

"Why you gotta be so mean to me? I just wanna show you a good time." I smiled.

"I'll pass, thanks." Her snooty ass crossed her legs and looked the other direction.

I gently caressed her hand. "Look Shawnie-"

"Who you?!!" And man came up to the table.

"Is that your business?" I raised a brow.

"Nah but it is my business to know why you touching on my lady!" He grabbed her arm and stood her up away from me.