Oh My God! Not Another Arranged Mariiage Story! emo chick + preppyish guy = CHAOS!!! Chapter 2

Chapter 2.

"Hello?" I said, worriedly, into the phone...

"Miranda? Honey, I need you to come home." She said in a rush.

"Wait, why? I was going to go to the mall with Ros." My mom only told me she needed me to get home now, and she couldn't tell me why. It kind of pissed me off, to be quite honest. I didn't like my mom that well. I mean, of course I love her, I just don't like to spend that much time with her because she's always criticizing how I dress and how I act. In her words "You're just not proper."

Whatever though, I don't care much. If she preferred the preppy, slutty kind of daughter, then too bad! She got stuck with me!

"Yeah, whatever. I'll be home in a couple minutes." I hung up and turned to Ros. Only to find her watching me with worried eyes.

"Hey, I um, I gotta go home for some reason. My mom wont tell me why though, so I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. Just meet me infront of the school tomorrow morning, okay? Good luck with your mom by the way... Whatever it is, it doesn't sound to pleasant." She said, starting to walk away, walking backwards.

"Haha, thanks. Yeah, I'll meet you here tomorrow. Bye, love you."

"Love you too."

And with that, we walked away. I decided to walk all the way home because Chris had left earlier and didn't know I would end up needing a ride.

Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention. Chris is Emo too. Well he's like an Emo/Skater mix lol. I like to skateboard also.

We lived a short distance from the school, so I was only walking for about ten to fifteen minutes. But it seemed longer, because it was starting to get cold. I wrapped my purple hoodie around my body, and walked up our long ass driveway.

Inside it was warm and very fancy. It was like a Victorian style home, and my parent's have filled it with expensive things. Stifling a sigh, I walked into the family room, where muffled voices were coming from.

As soon as I walked in I could tell something was wrong. Everyone stopped talking completely at the sight of me, and just stared. It was kind of creepy.

Chris whispered something in my mom's ear, and she nodded. He came over to me, gently grabbed my elbow, and led me out of the room and into the kitchen.

"What?" I whispered. He looked kind of pissed off. This wasn't like him. He's usually laidback and enjoying life... This cannot be good.

"Look, just don't flip when I tell you okay? And remember that I had nothing to do with this, and didn't even know until about a half hour ago." He whispered back.

"Um, you know me. Therefore you know I have a VERY short temper." But he started giving me this look. "But I'll try my very best to stay calm." I finished in a rush.

"I'm really sorry Miranda. But you're uh... You're arranged to be married to a kid named Jesse Tanner." He said very fastly.

"Hahahahaha, you're... you're kidding right? Oh please tell me this is some kind of joke." I was starting to panic.

"It's not a joke, it's the truth. And I wasn't supposed to tell you. I told mom that I was going to get you something to eat, so don't rat me out okay? Please dear god, act like you don't know anything."

What????? I just found out that I'm arranged to be married to someone I've never met, and he wants me to be calm and act like I don't know something's up? Wow, he must be crazier than I thought!

He guided me back towards the family room, and I went along soundlessly. But in my head, I was going berserk! Oh my God, he's got to be kidding. This can't be happening, I mean seriously, NOBODY has arranged marriages anymore! It's the 21st century for cryin' out loud! Although, it does sound like something my parent's would do.

When we entered the room my mom came over and hugged me.

"Honey, we have big news!" She, cheerfully, said. "You're arranged to be married to a very handsome young man named Jesse Tanner. Now I know that this is very sudden, but please make the best of it. You two will be so cute together! Oh, I just know you'll love him!" I could tell she was faking that she actually cared, I could hear it in her voice. "They're coming to pick you up tomorrow, and that's when you'll meet them. Then they're going to take you to you and Jesse to your new home!"

Oh. My. Fucking. God. Was she serious?! I actually had to move in with a complete and total stranger! What if he was like a rapist or something!

"And what if I refuse to marry, or move in with him?" I asked, with a bit of attitude.

"You will NOT refuse to do either! You are MY daughter, and you are a minor. You have to do as I say. We arranged this fifteen years ago, and we're NOT going to back out now! I gave them my word Miranda. You are marrying that boy and you're moving in with him tomorrow. Like it or not!" Now that was more like my evil mother.

The room started to spin, I started to hyperventilate, and the last thing I remember is my mom and dad storming out of the room, and Chris catching me as I blacked out.