Nine

Jade woke up, alone in her bed, she sat up confused, where'd Perrie go? She shook her head and got up, yawning, "Pez?" She called out but there was no answer. "Perrie?" She called and to no avail was she answering back. "Must've gone home." Jade concluded.

She changed into pajama shorts and a baggy shirt, putting her hair up in a messy bun and put her glasses on, she yawned again, stretching. Walking down the stairs she saw her mum on the couch, with other people she figured it was just her mum's friends, so she went to the kitchen, poured cereal and milk and made toast, took out the butter and Jam and waited for it to be done whilst she brushed her teeth. "Uh, Sweetie." Her mum siad and Jade turned, her foaming tooth brush seeping from the corner of her mouth, "Huh?" She said, raising her eyebrows until she noticed these girls were too young to be her mothers friends, they were the cheer leaders, she almost choked on her tooth brush, she rinsed her mouth and looked at the grls, "Uh.. hi." Jade said, "hey." They said in unison and Jade and her mother felt a bit wierd, "We came by to ask if you'd wanna join the team?"

Jade tilted her head, "What about the other girl?" "She's still on the team but she's no longer the, well what we call, the main event, it'd be you." Jade felt herself smile, "I mean, are you sure she won't like.. hate me?" Jade asked.

"Totally, Sophia is really chill, no worries." A girl said. And Jade nodded, " I guess I mean.. I don't really have much else to do." The girls squealed, "Okay, practice is tomorrow at five be there a bit early, we need to get you sized up for uniforms! Name's Hannah BTW." The girl said, " I'm the captain, but I'm not a bitch, don't worry," She said, giving her a warm smile, her blue eyes sparkling, Jade looked into Hannah's eyes and noticed, they weren't as bright as Perrie's.

Jade nodded, "Here's my number and Gracie's- ooh, reminds me- GRACE!" A girl with red velvet hair ran over, "Yes, Dear?" Grace asked in a light sweet voice. "Babe, when's the next game, I forgot?" She asked Grace and Grace sighed, "October third at seven PM get there 'round six we have to rehearse, and bring water and snacks for after." Grace recited, with her eyes closed as if was reading it on her eye lids, "Thanks, babe." Hannah said, pinching Grace's cheek before she walked away, "What was that?" Jade laughed, seeing Grace walk away with a slight blush, "Oh, she was drunk one time and she kinda blurted out she liked me and I just, I don't know, I just kinda tease her. " Hannah shrugged and Jade nodded, "See you with that Edwards girl, what's y'alls deal?"

"What do you mean?" Jade asked, taking a bite of her toast. "You two seemd really... friendly." Hannah said, raising her eyebrows and Jade shook her head, "No, not at all, we're friends, that's pretty much it." Jade lied and Hannah nodded, "Well, we gotta go, see ya tomorrow." Jade nodded as the left in a single filed line, giggling to themselves.

"Cheerleading is a art at your school?" Her mother asked, and Jade shrugged, "Not sure but we need sports in a school right, so we need cheerleaders as well."

Her mother nodded and Jade finished eating before her phone rang, "Hello?" She answer, gulped down the rest of her milk. "Hi, is this Jade Thirlwall?" "Yes, who's this?"

"I'm Sam Craske, I run an art studio, and I was wondering if you'd like to enter a few pieces into our submissions, maybe get it published at one of our mueseums around the world?" Jade choked on her food, "what?" She askedc, catching her breath. Sam laughed, "I was trying to be subtle but will give us a few peices of your work, it's wonderful."

Jade nodded, then realizing Sam could not see her. "Y-Yes! Yes, I would totally do that, sure!"

Jade grabbed her bag and ran to the door, "I gotta go mum! Be back soon!" She yelled, skipping out the door to the car. She started it and drove to Perrie's house, running to the door and knocking, "it's twelve o'clock what d'you want?" She heard a man grumble. He opened the door and gave Jade a weird look, "Uh, is Perrie here?" SHe asked and he shook his head, "Out with that boyfrien of hers."