Twenty-Five

We stared at eachother for a long moment before Bex started fussing. I looked at her,still shocked I did that."Mommyyyy." She said. "When my food get here?" She whined.

            "Oh,um...soon baby girl." I said,kissing her head.

             Eyes were on me as I played with my silverware. I look up at him and purse my lips. "Yes?" I say innocently.

             "Tris.." He trailed off,frowning." You just kissed me and your acting like you didn't. "He said,sounding appalled.

             "Look." I stopped.

              "Atttt...?" He teased. I rolled my eyes.

              "Four,you just don't get it." I said,feeling the urge to cry.

               "Tobias,and what don't I understand?" He asked sounding desperate.

              "You hurt me. Do you think time is just going to change that?" I sighed. "I was really stupid, for kissing you. Both times." I shook my head. "But I miss you,but you hurt me so bad. I want you,but I'm so scared." My voice dipped and trembled at the last part and Bex looked at me.

          "What are you afraid of?" He asked grabbing my hands.

          "You."

           His hands left mine so quick you'd think I burned him. "Why?"

           I glared. "What do you mean why ? You have cheated on me in the past,so many times. I just...I have to think of Bex now. She needs a stable family. With you and I on even ground." I sighed at the sad,confused look on his face. "What I mean is,if we were ever back together then you'd have to promise to not cheat. I can't have all that back and forth we did in highschool. Because now the only person,truly getting hurt would be Bex. "I said.

            "I won't, Tris I've learned my lesson. Okay? Just give me a  chance. Please."

          Thats when I realized how stupid I was to have kissed him. "Four..."

         "Hello welcome to Dauntless Diner I'll be your waitress today." A girl in the standard uniform of black and red said.

            "Ornge jeece! Mommy,Ornge Jeece!" Bex said. I smiled lightly.

           "Okay Baby. One orange juice and a water please." I smiled at her and looked away.

            "Um I'll have a diet Coke please." Four said.

             "Coming right up.:

             "Daddy I like Ornge jeece." She said a matter-of-factly.

          Four chuckled," Do you?" He asked.  Bex nodded quickly ,smiling up at her father." Back to you." He said.

        "What?" I asked.

        " Finish with your statement. Please." He turned back to me as Bex returned to scribbling on her paper.

          "I'm just not one hundred percent sure." Biting my lip I close my eyes.

          I think of the pros. If I say yes it'll give my child a chance at a good family. One with her mom and dad together. Also I can have the love of my life back. My first love. But then again he tours. He's gonna be in all kinds of different places all over the world. With all types of girls.  I can't handle the anxiety of all that. "Tris?" Four put his hand on mine.

          "I'll be. ..with you....only if you agree to a couple of things." I said,earning a giddy look from him.

          "Of course. "

          "Don't cheat,and...." I trailed off. "And well don't cheat." I insisted.

          "Okay, but you have to promise to call me Tobias again." He smiled and I returned it, feeling a warm feeling start in my heart.