Thirteen

When I got back to the house I realized I hadn't gotten the medicine. My time had been wasted! I groaned,and opened the front door." Tris!" My mom screamed from the kitchen. I quickly ran to my mom.

"Mom! Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. I came into the kitchen to see her peacefully reading a magazine. I frowned.

"Yez,yes,I'm fine."She said dismissively. Bex!

"Is Bex okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Here,I found it in the cabinet. " She handed me a bottle of some type children's medicine. I took it from her and read it over.

"Thank you." I said,walking away. She 'mhm'd back and as I went down the hall to the room we were staying in.

When I opened the door,Bex was sitting up rubbing her eyes. There was a slight pout on her lips and her face was red. "Hi baby." I cooed. Her little head turned towards me and grinned.

"Momma."She moaned,her arms extending out into the air. I went over and picked her up. Kissing her warm forehead I sat her on my lap.

We sat there a minute as I stroked her head full brown hair. "I brought you some medicine." I said,holding the bottle up.

"Mmm-nooooo!" She said with a frown on her face. I looked down at her and gave her a soft smile.

"Mmm-yes. It'll make you feel better swetheart." I reasoned gently. She shook her head.

"No,Nasty." She said. I didn't say anything for a moment then I got a bright idea.

"You like grape juice?" I asked. She looked at me,paused,and then nodded. I set her down."Hold on,"I said,leaving.

As I looked for the grape juice in the fridge I couldn't help,but think of Four and the time he took care of me when I was sick.

*Flashback*

"Tris come on it'll make you feel so much better." He explained gently. I shook my head and put a pillow over my head.

"I said no!" I shouted at him like I was a toddler.

"Don't you fancy grape juice?" He asked. I sat up,narrowing my eyes.

"Yessss." I said slowly. He smiled and left. I rolled my eyes, focusing on my stuffed nose instead of my annoying boyfriend.

"Trissyyyy." I heard Ben,my nephew, call. I sat up and looked down at his small form holding a glass of grape juice.

"Really Tobias!" I called. His head poked into the room and he smiled at me.

"Go head,drink up." He said,grinning. I glared at the cup,but took it anyway. I swallowed down the contents of the glass. I didn't even taste what I knew he had put in it.

"Thanks." I grinned at him,even though I felt a certain way about him trying to trick me.

"Only did it cause I love yooouuuu." He said,giving me a cheesy smile. I rolled my eyes and lied down.

*End of flashback*

I poured the juice ,a small smile on my face. Those were one of our good moments. When he actually showed me he cared and when I wasn't worried about who he was screwing under my nose.

I finished pouring the drink and carried it to Bex. She was sitting on the floor this time,hitting her shoe with her stuffed animal. "Bex..." I trailed off and went over,taking the animal and moving her shoe. Picking her up I gave her her sippey cup. She took it and stared at it,then at me."Drink it." I said simply.

By the way my three year old daughter was looking at me,I knew she wasn't fooled. She was ready to throw it when I heard a knock on the front door. Thinking mom would get it I ignored it and gave Bex a challenging look. She gave me a likewise look that said,'Game on.'

When mom didn't get the door I sighed and put Bex down. I put the cup to her lips and expected her to throw a hiss fit,but she simply drunk it down. I smirked.'I win!'.

I passed down the hall and to the front door. "Oh thank you Dear!" I heard my mother say. I shrugged,though I doubt she could see me.

Not looking through the peep hole,I opened the door. (Even though I probably should have). When I opened the door I let out a loud squeal and hugged the girl standing infront of me. "Chrissy!"