Twenty

Bex kicked Ben and sat down,pouting. "Owwww!" Ben yelped."MOMMYYYY!!!" He said.

Me nor Abby got up. "Stop crying Benny it was just a hit." His mother said. He started crying loudly and she sighed. Caleb walked into the room and frowned at his wife's attempts to calm their son. He looked at me and I shrugged.

"Don't ask." I said. I picked Bex from the floor and kissed her head.

She giggled when Ben glared at her. "Stupid Benny." She giggled. Ben started crying again.

"Heyyyy apologize to him now." I scold her.

"I sorry." She said, Ben sniffling just glared again.

This all started when Ben wanted to teach Bex to play soccer like he had. Bex didn't want to,but Ben made her. He kept getting frustrated with her and yelling at her missed kicks. I simply watched knowing Bex was tough and would eventually hand him his ass.

Ben then made the mistake of hitting Bex and she started crying. He just stared and the laughed,saying it was 'just a hit.' That's when Bex got up and kicked him,hard.

Now Ben was pouting and mad that she hit him.

I smiled and kissed Bex's forehead. A few moments later my phone rang. I pulled it out and saw that it was Four. I smiled even more for some reason and almost laughed. Answering it I let Bex slide off my lap." Hi." I said.

"Hey." He answered. "How are you?" He inquired.

"Fine."

"Bex?"

"She's good." I laughed.

"Good." Was his replie. I nodded and there was a silence.

Then he picked convorsation up and out of no where. I grinned at everything he said. But deep down I felt stupid. Like I was back in school,talking to him before bed. It was odd but also incredibly.....fun. Refreshing.

My mind was completely and utterly elsewhere. Then he asked me a question." Let's go and get lunch." He said softly,almost hesitantly.

"What?" I asked.

"Lets.Go.Get.Lunch." He said slowly. I sat in shock.

I thought about it for a minute. Friends go to lunch. All the time. Me and Christina did. It wasn't a big deal. I can go out with him,without it being a date right?

"Just us?" My voice came out smaller than intended,but I didn't care.

"Yeah."

"Okay."