Twenty Four

We got there late. Why? Because Bex decided to be difficult getting ready. I spent and hour and a half getting her in a shirt and another hour to get her in some pants and shoes. Then she had a screaming fit when I was doing her hair. To say the very least I was annoyed.

        Right now I sat infront of the Diner . Worrying about wether this was a good idea or not. I kissed him,and now he has the wrong idea. Or does he?

           Maybe subconsciously this is what I've wanted, to get my boyfriend back. To be I  his arms and here his laughter. To see his smile. Maybe that's why I kissed him. My stupid impulsive mind wanted me to. It wanted me to have him .

           I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a tap on the window. Looking up I saw it was Four. He got my attention, but was looking behind me at Bex. Rolling down the window, I heard Bex yell 'Daddy'.

          Four smiles at me and her. "Hello princess, I missed you." He cooed softly to the toddler in the back seat.

         "I miss-ed you too Daddy!" She called back. "Mommy miss-ed you too." She said, causing me to blush.

           Four chuckled,"Oh she did now?"

         "No! Bex what have I told you about lieing." I mumbled.

          "I isn't lieing!" She shouted. I got out the car pushing a laughing Four out of my way.

          I walked around to the side of the car and got her out. She pouted at me and I rolled my eyes. Little girl about to turn four and she acts any type of way.

           Four comes over and takes her from me. I reach in the back and her baby bag. Which I only still carry around because she's very picky and sometimes doesn't eat anything. When I come back from getting her bag,they are almost half-way to the building. Huffing angrily,I lock the car and trudge over to my daughter and her father.

         Inside, Four sets Bex down on her feet and grabs her hand. She looks behind her at me and lifts her other hand up. Yay! I'm included!  I grab her and we all walk to the front desk. Four gets us a table quickly,even though it's packed in this place.

         We sit down and I situate Bex in her booster seat. I sit down across from Four, Bex sitting in the space between us. She looks around the Diner,while Four and I have a stare off. "Mommy it pretty." She says,oblivious to the....tensions between her father and mother.

             That's how it continued, Four and I giving eachother 'looks'. While Bex enjoyed herself with her coloring sheet.

            After an hour and a half there we both opened our mouths to speak. We spoke over eachother if course,but we laughed. Bex gave us funny looks and continued to happily scribble on her sheet. Four opened his mouth again,and I let him speak." So...the kiss?" He offered a topic.

           I immediately blushed at that. "Impulse. "I dissmissed. Taking a sip of my coffee.

           "Thats not all Ms. Tris." He said,giving me a devious smile.

           "It WAS impulse you d-"

           "The child Tris. Language infront of the child." Four laughed and I couldn't help but smile. "Do you want to know what I think about that kiss?" He asked suddenly in the middle of his laugh.

          "No." I said.

           He told me anyways,"I think you totally meant to do that and you want to do it again." He said,smirking

            I laughed nervously,looking at Bex who was preoccupied by searching for more room to color. "You're hilarious ya' know that?" I tilted my head to the side. He took his sunglasses off.

  .      "Look me in the eye and say,'Tobias,I do not want to kiss you." He said challegingly.

         I stared at him,thinking. Before I knew it,I was pressing my lips to his.