Sixteen

Everyone TRIED to convince me NOT to take her. They all tried to tell me I didn't HAVE to go and meet him. But by the time I gave enough fuck to listen it was too late.

I was sitting on a park bench blowing a giggling Bexs' cheeks raspbarries,when a figure decided to block off the sun. My smile had faltered a bit when I looked up to see Four standing above me. Like some creep. He smiled sheepishly and sat down. Bex had turned her body and gave him one of her good smiles. I could have sworn tears had sprung to his eyes. When Bex gave him a hi I knew there was no turning back. Bex knew he was and she seemed to like him,and when Bex liked something she didn't let it go.

So now we were sitting in Four's apartment waiting for pizza to come. We'd barely spoken,and for now the silence was settling. A kind of comfort to me. At this moment the spotlight was solely on Bex. Who was prancing around,smiling like a fool. Looking at Four like he was the greatest thing since she discovered how to use my phone. I could tell their relationship was going to be strong.

When the pizza came Bex was the first one to get a slice. With all her jumping around and occasional yawn I could see sleep becoming her best friend really soon.

That time came sooner than I expected and I found myself silently sitting next to him. "So...."He trailed off. "How have you....uh....been?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Good." I answered,nibbling on my crust.

"How has ya' know being a parent been?" He wasn't looking at me,he was looking at Bex instead.

"Hard." I said harshely. Four sighed at my tone.

"Tris I know-" I cut him off.

"No you don't know." I snapped. "You don't know how bad I struggled. I know it's partially my fault....but you hurt me. How did I know if you'd end up doing the same to my-our own kid." I said honestly.

"I truly am sorry Tris....you don't know HOW sorry I am." Tears filled my eyes. His voice sounded so pained I looked up. "Look...." He trailed off."I just want you to know that I appreciate this. You bringing her to meet me."

"I did it for her." I clarified.

He winced and nodded." That- that doesn't change or mean I feel any different "he said. I stared at him.

"Wha-"

"Beatrice Prior ,I'm still in love with you." He blurrted.