Chapter 19

KENDRICK POV

Justin told me that Astardi got shot and I rushed to the hospital. I was so nervous for the baby, for Astardi for everything! I finally get my girl back and now this a has to happen! Like why!!!!

************************************

JUSTIN POV

Astardi texted me telling me the school was getting shot up.. I got there immediately. I witnessed her getting shot but I didn't see who did it. I ran over to her and picked 2 bodies up. If my sisters and her baby both aren't ok I swear I'm gonna kill myself. But for now I will wait. In this plain ass waiting room..

I was sitting with my dad Shawn James Ty and Lamar then in walked Kendrick he was crying.

"Hey bro.. She's gonna be okay. If I know my sister she's a fighter." I said

Kendrick nodded "I know she is.."

Then the TV started talking about the shooting.

"Hello this is an emergency update from 21 news local Harlem highschool was the victim of a shooting. 12 students were shot and are living or in the hospital 31 are announced dead and 17 are uncounted for. The shooter did end up shooting and killing himself . Malik Davis was his name. Give the families some space and please keep them in your prayers" the news lady said.

When she said Malik Davis I looked directly at my dad "oh my gosh." I said

"He's a pastor ! Why the fuck would he shoot children!" My daddy screamed.

(A/n incase y'all forget Malik in Justin & Astardi's cousin. He was the pastor at the church they met Mrs. Green at.)

Then the news station started showing pictures of the scene and Kendrick lost it

"TURN IT OFF!!!!" He shouted

"I'm sorry sir." The nurse said as she hurried to get it off then In walked the reporter.

"Excuse me are you victims of this mass shooting?" She asked me

"Yes ma'am my sister she got shot and she was pregnant" I said

"Can you tell us anything yet?" She asked

"I'm sorry.. She's still in surgery." I said

"Well sir, I'm very sorry for this happening. What's her name ? We will keep her in our prayers" the lady smiled

"Astardi Carter"

"What!" She said her mouth dropped.

"Astardi Carter like I said" I said crying a little

"Wh- what your lying r-right..." She said slowly.

"Um no.." I told her

The reporter started crying... "Do you know she's passion?"

"Yeah I know." I said

"I worked with her... I was in the gang with her. My name is Kenya." I said

"She talked about you" I smiled

"Mind if I stay?" She asked

"No not at all" I smiled.

I mean Kenya was a fine lady! For real!

KENDRICK POV

I just wanna be Able to see her! We've been in this fucking hospital for 3 hours! I just wanna knew why!

2 hours later

"Family of Astardi Carter?" The doctor said walking in.

We all jumped up and basically tackled him.

"Tell us!!!" I shouted

"Okay sir she is just fine... And so is her baby boy, did she know she was with child ?" He asked

"Oh good! And boy? Yes! We knew she was pregnant just we were supposed to go to the appointment tomorrow to find out what the sex is." I said .

"Oh good! So, she's resting now but when she wakes up she's allowed to have visitors." He said

"Thank you so much." Lexus said trying to settle things down.

We all went back to our seats..

"Kendrick, can we talk... Like in the hall?" Lexus asked me.

"Yes sir." I said

We walked into the hallway..

"Hey.. I'm so glad you and my baby girl are happy together.. I'm glad it's you she's with you and that she's having your baby. Your gonna make a great husband one day" Lexus said .

"Thank you sir I missed you a lot" I said

"Kendrick..." He said giving me a disapproving look "I told you, call me Lexus! And I missed you too son"

"Sorry I just have so much respect for you it's weird not calling you by the appropriate name for somebody you respect." I said

"Kendrick I honestly love you like a son boy.. I really do want you to call me dad.. I mean I think of myself as your father." He said

"Can I really call you dad?" I asked

He modded and put his hand on my shoulder "your a good kid Kendrick."

Then he went back to the waiting room. Did the man I've looked up to and admired seriously say he loves me and that I can call him dad? This horrible day is starting to get better. It's always sunny once you pass through the storm.

I'm think about asking Astardi to marry me.. I mean she got my seed in her and were so happy together(: I mean think of this, who would think my life could be this good? My mom was a stripper, I have no idea who my father is, I grew up in the streets I know the game like the back of my hand and I'm a highschool drop out . But I have a good life! I have an amazing girlfriend a beautiful daughter and a son on the way!

I used to have a different hoe everything and always getting drunk or high.. Now Astardi changed me.. She really did.. I remember how we met yesterday! She was beating ass but I stopped that fight so she didn't get in trouble ! If I lost that woman my life would just be over . She holds me down..

"Kendrick we're gonna go home and come back in the morning.. There's no point in waiting if she's sleeping." Justin said

"Okay bro, I'll see you tomorrow then." I said .

I'm not leaving this hospital until Astardi leaves.

"Too ma'am, y'all got a food court?" I asked the nurse

"Down the hall to the right." She smiled

I walked down to the food court and thought about all my memories with Lexus or my dad...

I put my beats on and started playing popular by lil Wayne and lil twist this my jam.

I started eating mashed potatoes and chicken this stuff tasted like shit compared to how Astardi makes it. I just started breaking down crying.. I wish I could of got shot not Astardi and I wish u didn't play her like that when I did with Sarah.. I regret it so much! I'm hit glad she forgave me man! I don't know what I'd do without her.. I remember that night she tried to kill herself that was probably the worst day of my life..

I felt a hand start rubbing my back then I turned around to see a chubby old woman.

"Hello." I smiled at her

"Hey son." She chuckled.

"Wanna sit down?" I asked her

"Sure thing hunny" she smiled and sat down "my names Eloise, Eloise green."

************************************

Well Astardi is ok! Soo YAYAYAYA and they're having A BOY!!! Yaaay! And and and Kendrick met Eloise ? Hmm!

Please read! I love you all(: