Deadly Affairs- Chapter 20/Alternative Ending

Start from the beginning

“Hopefully the bag will have some type of evidence or blood on it and we can charge him because you’ve been making me follow him around with you and my wife isn’t so happy about me staying at work late.” I heard Detective Hotch say.

“Look, I just know that he’s the one, I feel it. He’s got something to do with this. His coworkers said they both were at each other’s throats and didn’t like each other so he’s hiding something. We just have to keep following him around and keep pressing on the security guard, his boyfriend and coworkers until we find something. ” Detective Walker said.

“Well either way I can’t follow him today my in laws are coming in to town and my wife will kill me if I miss it so no stakeout tonight.” Hotch said. I quickly went back in my room and put the bag on my bed then went to the living room.

“Sorry, I couldn’t find it. I must’ve thrown it somewhere. If I find it I’ll give you a call.” I headed over to the front door and opened it waiting for them to get the hint.

“Okay, well, have a good day.” Detective Hotch said as they got up and walked over to the door. Once they left I closed the door and went into panic mode. I looked out the window and watched them leave then went back to my room. I went to the floor vent in the corner of my room and pulled up the cover, exposing a small plastic bag that was down in the vent. Picking it up I threw it on my bed and then went to my dresser drawers so I could get some clothes together. I tossed them onto my bed, one after the other, not looking back to see if they were landing all the way on the bed. I went to my night stand and opened it, I saw my passport. I paused for a second and tried to calm myself so I could actually think this through. I don’t know what I’m planning exactly I just have the need to run or restart so I can relax because today has been too much and it’s not even noon yet. 

                I got the passport and put it with the rest of my stuff then got that black duffel bag and put everything inside except the plastic bag and passport. It was pretty stuffed but I managed to make it all fit. I ripped the plastic bag open and took out the money that was inside, it was about 5000 dollars. I picked up the bag and walked into the living room then sat down on the couch letting out a big sigh. I had two options; 1. I could take this money and leave because if they press Kellin and try to get more information out of him he could break and tell them what he knows or 2. I could stay here and trust my heart because my heart is telling me that Kellin won’t say anything. If I stay I’m risking my freedom and my brother’s freedom for a guy. I’m putting my faith in him and trusting him. This is a big decision, a life changing decision that I have to make and I have to make it by myself. These types of situations always make me wish that I had chosen a different hobby.

_____________________________________

                Standing in the airport I had already bought my ticket so I can leave for Argentina. I sat down and waited for my flight to board, a little antsy because I couldn’t believe I was actually going through with this. I looked down at my watch and I only had 30 minutes left before my flight would be ready to take off. I looked around the airport and watched all the people pass me heading to board their planes. The speaker came on and a woman began talking.

“Flight 1065 to Argentina is ready for boarding.” She said then the PA speaker turned off. I looked around the airport one more then down at my watch and sighed. I began walking to my plane so I could stand in line with the rest of people waiting. Once I got there I stood behind a woman and her child then gave a slight smile to them. The line was moving very slow and people were getting agitated. I didn’t really understand why, it’s not like the plane is going to leave with no one on it.

I was getting pretty close to the entrance when I started to hear a commotion in the back. I turned around to see what was going on but I just heard people arguing and looking upset. That’s when I saw someone pushing pass people so they could get through.

“Him! That guy right there! I’m with him.” I saw Kellin say pointing at me. I was shocked to see him; I didn’t actually think he would come.

___________________________

2 hours earlier

“Hey Kellin, it’s me Vic. Look I have to go, I have to leave town and…I don’t know. I love you and I want to be with you and I know that what you heard probably scared you away but if you love me too then please just come with me. Please just leave with me because I can’t stay but I can’t leave you. I can’t walk away and not follow through because I never follow through and I never trust but I want to with you so I’m giving you all the power. That’s also something I never do so the ball is in your court. If you decide you want to come with me I’ll be at the airport and I’ll have a ticket waiting for you, already paid for, flight 1065. I’ll be waiting for you so just please show up, please.”

_______________________________

“I wasn’t trying to cut I was just trying to get to my boyfriend.” Kellin said in a hostile manner as he pulled his bag away from a guy who was trying to hold him back.  He rolled his eyes then continued to walk towards me.

“Hey.” He said giving a small smile.

“Hey.” I said still a little shocked. “You came.”

“Of course I came, I love you.” He grabbed my hand.

“Um…excuse me but are you two boarding?” The lady at the desk asked.

“Yes we are.” I said pulling out the tickets and handing them to her. As we got on the plane and sat down in our seats we both looked at each other.

“I don’t trust you, but I want to so I don’t know how the fuck you are gonna make this up to me but you better because I’m not walking away. I always walk away too but I can’t walk away from you, I love you too much.”

“Alright passengers we are getting ready to take off. We have a smooth flight ahead of us today so just buckle up and stay seated until we say you can take off your seatbelts.” The pilot said, stopping Kellin from talking. Kellin looked down and buckled up and I did the same thing.

“I’m gonna make this up to you. I don’t care what I have to do or how long it takes. I want you trust me again.” I whispered because everyone was settling down so it was getting pretty quiet. He smiled at me but I could tell it was a fake smile. I leaned in and gave him a long deep kiss. After I broke the kiss I put my forehead on his forehead and my nose against his nose and stared at him. “I promise.”

Once I let go and situated myself in my seat I noticed the man in the aisle next to us wouldn’t stop looking our direction.

“What? You gotta problem with gay people? We’re on our honeymoon so fuck off before I kick your ass.” I said aggressively. The man’s eyes widened like he was scared. “Turn around and face forward before I make you.” Once the man stopped staring I looked over at Kellin and he chuckled in amusement. I smiled at him then kissed his cheek.

“Did I mention I have a little temper?” I joked.

“Whatever, just don’t kill anyone and we won’t have a problem.” He said quietly and smirked.

“Joking about that already?” I said a little shocked but still smiling.

“Believe me, that’s the only thing I can do since I have murderer on my hands.” He said cheekily. I shoved him lightly while laughing a little. “It’s true. You are so lucky I’m in love with you because any sane person would be gone.”

“Well I guess I’m lucky that you aren’t sane then.” We laughed then began to get a little quiet but kept smiling.

“Oh and by the way I’m in love with you too.” I leaned in and whispered as the plane took off. He didn’t say anything his smile just got bigger and his cheeks began to get flushed. I put my hand on his leg then he rested his head on my shoulder and we both closed our eyes as we got ready for this long journey ahead of us.