Deadly Affairs- Chapter 20/Alternative Ending

Start from the beginning

“Kellin stop.” I said as he opened the door but he didn’t listen, he walked straight out the door and I pulled the door open as he tried to close it. “Kellin please.” I begged grabbing his arm trying to stop. He had this look of fear in his eyes then he glanced down at my hand on his arm. I let him go immediately. I never wanted him to be scared of me but now he is.

“I can handle crazy, I really can because I’m a little crazy but this is on a total different level. This isn’t crazy, this is absurd. Just please let me leave.”  His pupils were shaking and it looked like he wanted to run. I took a step back, leaning against the door and put my head down as he slowly backed up and walked away.

I went back inside after standing outside by myself for a couple minutes. As soon as I got back inside Mike was standing there staring at me.

“Where is he?”

“He left.” I said.

“You let him go?!” He raised his voice. “You’re gonna get us both in trouble, do you care about me?!”

“He’s not going to say anything!” I said walking pass him into the living room.

“How do you know? He could be on his way to the police station right now to turn you in, ultimately turning me in as well.” He paced in front of me.

“I know him, I trust him, and I love him so when I say he won’t tell know that he won’t tell. I don’t know how I know but I feel it, I-I just feel it.” I started getting choked up as I ended the sentence. It was unlike me to not question people or to trust them so it was scaring me that I was relying on Kellin to actually love me and not betray me. I was relying on Kellin to stand by me.

“Oh great, I’m putting my life on the line because you have a ‘feeling’.”

“You need to go now.” I said shaking off the feeling. He stood there for a second then turned around and left. I huffed and got up, heading to the kitchen so I could get a glass of water. As I reached for a cup and filled it up with water from the sink someone knocked at the door. I rolled my eyes and walked to the door.

“Mike, I told you to-“ I stopped mid-sentence when I saw it was the detectives knocking at my door. “Oh detectives what are you doing here?”

“We came to ask a few follow up questions.” Detective Hotch said.

“Well right now isn’t really a good time so maybe another day.” I said giving a slight smile trying to act normal.

“It’ll just take a few minutes.” Detective Walker said stepping forward like she was insisting and wasn’t going to take no for an answer. I looked at the both of them then sighed.

“Alright fine.” I said opening my door fully to let them in.

“So what do you need to ask me?” I asked as I sat in the chair and they sat on the couch across from me.

“We just wanted to know about a bag.” Detective Hotch said.

“A bag?” I asked confused.

“A security guard said you brought a bag back with you when you came back to the office, you didn’t say anything about a bag the last time we talked to you.” Hotch said.

“I came back with a bag because I had the files I told you about in the bag.” I said.

“What does the bag look like?” Detective Walker asked.

“It’s a black duffle bag.”

“Do you mind going to get it?” She asked. I got up and walked back to my bedroom and closed the door slightly so I could go in my closet and get the bag. It was with the rest of my tools so I didn’t want to risk them maybe roaming around my house and seeing my closet full of tools. I grabbed the bag and began walking back to the living room. I stopped right before I got to the end of the hall and I heard them talking.