s i x

As the heartbreaking sobs shatter through Liam's body, I stay there silently offering him my love and support. I feel his breathing go back to normal as I feel his chest start to rise and fall evenly. "you know...I've never told anyone this.." His eyes lock with mine and I feel myself gazing into them, "but I know I can trust you, Juliet" I feel my eyes widen, I was just thinking the same thing last night. "You and I, we're not that different." I almost whisper, Liam's head snaps up to make direct eye contact with me. "How so?" He asks, his eyes urging me to tell him why. "I watched as my mom disintegrated in front of my eyes. I remember that at one point, more towards the end, her eyes stopped sparkling. She became so frail and delicate like a feather. Cancer does that to people. I watched as my father broke down as he realized that all the money he had worked for could not save the love of his life. And he still laid next to his only soul mate and watched as cancer took her away from him." I can feel his eyes on my face, I'm looking anywhere but at Liam. "I guess we're actually really similar." He says as his large hand cups my face and lifts my face so that we are staring at each other.

"Bent but not broken, huh Juliet?" He gives me a wicked smile as he leans in and connects his lips to mine. And at this moment, I swear I feel infinite. The kiss starts out shy, his beautifully molded lips bind themselves to mine. And I can only think of how amazing kissing Liam feels. Not my insecurities or Rose could restrain me from putting my hands around his neck and kissing him more and more. I didn't want to loose that intense connection, but at some point I needed to breathe. So I pulled away, my lips already searching for his. I looked up and saw him, his eyes closed and a sly smile on his lips. He looked happy about what had happened. I bow my head, a hot blush creeping up my neck, "Don't." He says as he pulls me closer to him, our eyes locked on each others. And I feel that same intense spark, and he gazes down at me, his eyes showing just how much he does not regret kissing me just a few minutes ago. And at that my heart launches into jumping jacks of happiness.  This strong man, kissed me and didn't think it was a mistake. Mind- blowing if I say so myself.