f o u r

As the week goes on, Liam and I start to really get to know each other. And I start to really think of Liam more and more daily. I know he's out of my league, I mean come on a guy as gorgeous as him will never like a girl like me. He's the schools quarterback, that would explain the muscles and the broad shoulders and the veins, oh and there I go thinking ahead again. His eyes sparkle when he smiles and he gets these crinkles around his eyes, he's just so cute. STOP IT Juliet! I can't think of him more than a good friend. Guys that are like Liam go for girls like Rose, and well that's just a reality I have to deal with. As I'm walking from my 3rd class to my 4th, I see Liam and Rose kissing in the hallway. Really kissing and really near my locker... Liam glances up and immediately pushes Rose away; she's left standing there awkwardly as she follows Liam's eyes towards me. She looks at me with disgust in her eyes, and for some reason all I can do is turn around, tears brimming in my eyes. I scurry down the hall; I keep walking fast as I turn towards the parking lot as I hear Liam calling my name. I keep my head down, and walk to my car, as I'm about to get to it, Liam captures me in his arms, "Why are you runni- Jules why are you crying?" he says concern in his voice, I can't even look into his eyes. My head is still bowed, "Did someone do something?! Jules? Who made you cry?" he asks, I can feel his eyes focused on my face. My tears just keep coming, and I just let out a sob, and lean my head forward on his chest. His arms automatically tighten around me, his muscles making me feel warm and safe. "Please tell me whats wrong, please Juliet, I can't see you cry, please Jules" he begs me as he buries his face in my neck, now I am completely wrapped up in Liam. My tears finally start slowing down, I try to get my breathing back to normal.

I move my head as I snuggle more into Liam's warmth, "I'm sorry Liam, I don't know what happened to me" I say, as I look up into Liam's beautiful eyes. Liam's stares into my eyes, "Even when you cry your eyes shine like stars Juliet" he whispers, his fresh breath hitting your face softly. I gasp as I realize what Liam just told me, "Hey, do you just want to go home today? I mean its Friday, first week, we probably won't have much to do for the rest of the day..." he says as he looks at me with wide eyes. "Um, sure..." I say, relieved that he came up with the ditching idea. "I'll text my grandma, and tell her you felt bad and that I took you home for the rest of the day, she'll excuse our absences" he explains after seeing worry on my face. "You know? She's taken a liking to you, she won't stop talking about your eyes and how beautiful you are." he says, love for his grandma shinning bright in his eyes. I can't help but smile, "I like her a lot too" I whisper, he nods and proceeds to take out his phone, texting his grandma. "So, she said okay, and to have fun" he says, as he looks up at me, "Do you want to go in your car?" he asks, and I nod, not trusting my voice. I hand him my keys, and get into the passenger seat. I lay my head back and rest my suddenly very tired eyes, as I hear him turn the radio on and start to drive. I trust Liam, and it surprises me just how much I trust him in such a short period of time.