o n e

Being the daughter of one of the best known business men in the world can have it's ups and downs. While the lifestyle we live is luxurious, being in the middle of people who just think about money and how they are seen- That's just something ill never get used to. Especially when I'm not a size zero, my mothers curves are what make me an alien in this circle of size zero blondes whom I doubt have ever washed their own dish. I walk down the stairs to wish Dad a good trip, his suit is immaculate and his hair is perfectly combed to the side, after my moms death he just focuses on work and trying to be the best Dad to me.

"Good luck dad" I smile, he turns to me and gives me a Colgate worthy billboard smile. "Thanks pumpkin, do you need any money?" Dad gives me a curious look, "No thanks dad, you know I never ask you for money.." I reply calmly, he wishes I would enjoy my teenage years more. Go out more and have friends over. But what can I say, I'm an old soul. "I know, I know, you never ask, but you know I work to make sure you have everything you need" he looks at me with his deep blue eyes that are identical to mine, "yeah dad, I know" I smile my sweetest smile, "okay, I'll leave 100 dollars here just in case you want to go shopping or out to eat, okay?" I just nod and smile. "Thanks dad" he nods and looks at his Rolex watch my mom got for him on their last anniversary, "okay, I need to leave now if I want to make my plane" he gives me a sweet goodbye kiss on my forehead, "bye dad, see you when you get back" with a smile he walks out of the double wood doors. A week alone in this massive house, this is just what I need, I start school in a couple of days, and I'm not so sure I'm ready for high school. But I don't have an option.