Chapter 9: A Glimpse of the Past and the Dungeon Zagan

Magsimula sa umpisa

.

.

.

Once I got to my room and fell onto my bed. I was exhausted for some reason. "Hey can I come out now? I've been stuck inside your ring forever, I need fresh air you know" "Sure Ryu, come out of the ring" there was a puff of air and Ryu came out. He looked around my room and turned to me and said, "This room is larger than the other one. Is this the door to that idiot's room?" Ryu walked towards the door and I ran after him, "Ryu don't you dare go in there! What if he sees you?!" Ryu turned around and smirked and placed his hand on the door knob. Before I could open it the door flung open.

To my relief there was no one inside. I sighed and took Ryu's hand and said, "If you do anything like that again I swear I will-" I was cut off when I heard some voices outside. I quickly grabbed Ryu's hand and looked for some place to hide. I decided to hide in the wardrobe. As soon as I closed the door I heard two people enter. Ryu whispered besides me and said, "You know you could have called me back into the ring instead of dragging me in here too!" I made a hushing signal and tried to listen into the conversation. I head Ja'far talk first, "Sin, are you sure you want them to enter that dungeon? Isn't that dungeon a little odd? Lots of people have been captured by it." I heard Sinbad next, "I should let them work for me, plus this is a good chance for Morgiana to work alongside Alibaba and finally activate her household vessel. Like Masrur said, since Morgiana hasn't had the chance to fight alongside Alibaba, there's no way she could gain the powers of a household weapon." I could hear Ja'far sighing, "it's still too dangerous, they're still children" "I was only fourteen when I first conquered a dungeon, I'm sure they'll be fine."

I turned to Ryu and decided to talk to him in my mind, "Ryu, they're talking about Zagan's dungeon right? Do you think we could go too?" I could hear Ryu sighing, "Do you think that idiot king would let you? He'll probably make his loyal dogs tie you up and place you in some sort of room that had a magical barrier placed on it so you can't escape" "... ahh geez! I guess you're right... what should we do? We need to make sure those four will be okay, we promised Ugo remember?" it was quiet for a few seconds, but Ryu finally answered and said, "You could secretly sneak in? I mean it should work, you're not that idiot's household vessel so you should be able to enter one without a problem." I gave him a thumbs up and waited for the two to leave the room.

Once I heard the door close and the footsteps descend, I peeked into the room. Phew! No one was there. Once we got out we headed back to my room. I was looking for some weapons that I could take when I heard a knock on my door. I whispered to Ryu, "get back in the ring" Ryu glared at me, but he soon vanished. Once I opened the door I saw that it was Ja'far. He was holding a decorated box. I looked at him confused and he said, "Sin told me to give this back to you, it was the sword Valefore gave you long ago. I had the scabbard made into a wand like device since you are a magician and you didn't have one." I took the box from Ja'far and I was amazed at what I saw. The whole thing looked like a staff. It was similar to the one Baba had given Aladdin, but the top of the staff had the handle of the sword. There were two dragons holding the hilt in place to make it look like a genuine staff. I beamed at Ja'far and said, "It looks so cool! Thank you Ja'far!" I ran up and hugged him, he seemed to tense up and said, "h-how many t-times have I told you not to h-hug m-me!" he quickly turned away and I started to laugh for some reason.

Before we could continue talking there was another knock on the door. It was Aladdin. He smiled at Ja'far and said, "Mr. Ja'far what are you doing here?" Ja'far smiled at Aladdin and said, "I wanted to give T her sword back. It was given to her by the Djinn Valefore when we were younger, I had some adjustments added to it so that it would look like a staff." Aladdin looked towards me and I handed him the staff/sword. He beamed and said, "This looks great T!" soon Ja'far left and Aladdin turned to me and said, "Mr. Ja'far and Mr. Sinbad told me not to tell you, but I thought it wasn't fair. We going into the dungeon in this afternoon." I nodded my head, "Ja'far gave me this sword just in time! Hey Aladdin, can you keep a secret?" Aladdin nodded and I continued, "I'm planning on secretly sneaking onboard and coming with you" Aladdin thought for a moment and said, "okay! They're preparing the ship right now. Do you know how you're going to sneak on?" I thought for a moment then said, "I can use that light refracting spell Yamuraiha taught me, you know the one where she became invisible... but it will as long as I'm in sunlight, after that I really don't know what to do." Aladdin seemed to think for a moment before he said, "how about hiding inside a box? I can say I'm bringing food in case I use too much magoi and get hungry!" "I don't Aladdin, I'm kind of too big to hide in a box, but let's give it a go!"