Chapter Ten - Charlie St. Cloud?

Start from the beginning

"I have one associate, but he's new. I've got a lair, but I'm not telling you where it is since you're standing in my apartment," I vaguely replied, trying to give him the message that I wasn't in the mood for sharing.

"I don't mean you as a superhero, I mean you as a person, the person under that mask."

"Well, what do you want to know? Other than my identity, that is," I reasoned, realising that he wasn't going to give in.

"Damn, well, how about you tell me something that nobody else knows about you?"

"I, um, I don't know. It's kind of hard to with someone else living in your head," I thought aloud, trying to figure out what there was that nobody knew about me, given that Eve knew almost everything.

"What?" Barry asked, his head turning to directly face me.

"Oh, it's a psychic thing," I shrugged off, not really wanting to divulge everything about myself.

"Whenever you say, 'It's a psychic thing,' you're talking about your powers, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm not exactly into sharing information about myself. I guess it makes me feel weaker," I clarified.

"That's understandable since this profession can be particularly dangerous at times." His eyes flickered down to my side before coming straight back up to meet my eyes. He held my gaze for what seemed like forever before he went back to looking around my apartment.

"That's why I try not to involve anyone who can't handle it."

"But, you know I can handle it," he insisted.

"Fine, I'll tell you something. Ask me what your heart desires, Flash." He looked at me straight in the eye once more as the hand on my waist shifted.

"So, are you, um, are you in a relationship?" He literally asked me what his heart desires.

"No, no I'm not. As I said, I don't like to involve anyone who can't handle me running away every night wearing a cape and a really tiny suit." I didn't smirk; I didn't make any snide comments, only answering his question. There just wasn't any need to make him feel any more awkward about asking questions.

"Cisco said he would give you your new suit when Caitlin says you're able to get back to helping people," Barry said, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, that's great, give him my thanks, would you?" I smiled.

"I'm pretty sure he's infatuated with you so he'll be thrilled," he grumbled in a monotone voice.

"Fingers crossed my suit doesn't get any smaller then. Funny story - I actually didn't buy enough fabric, so I had to make it into a body suit instead." He looked down at me, a silly smile on his face which revealed his near perfect set of teeth.

"Typical Cosmo," he laughed, shaking his head.

"Hey! What is that supposed to mean?" I lightly slapped his chest, a small laugh escaping my mouth.

"Oh, nothing, nothing. So, what nickname do I get to call you then?" He replied with a bright smile on his face.

"I don't come up with my own nicknames, that job is on you, Flash," I insisted, poking him in the chest.

"Okay, I'll come up with something, I promise," he brushed off. "Do you plan on erasing my memory?"

"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"No, no I don't."

"Then I won't. I trust you enough not to break down my door or stalk me while I'm in civilian mode," I responded, giving him a small smile as he nodded in understanding.