23

I've had two conversations with Michael.
Michael.
Fuck, I love his name.
They've been brief conversations and I made myself look like an idiot more than once, but he initiated conversations so I can't be that socially inept, right?
Who cares?! He knows of my existence!
And, tonight, I'm gonna talk to him again.

Cal

***

"Why are you always on your roof?" I inquire, looking across at the now blue haired boy. He told me he likes to change his colour a lot because it makes him happy and his happiness is important. Kinda deep.
"I dunno," he shrugs, looking at the moon and staring, "I like the night. I don't sleep, so I let the moon and stars keep me company."
"Oh," I mumble, thinking of letting him know a little bit about me. It won't hurt, right? "I have insomnia too."
"I don't have insomnia."
"What?"
"Those 2 weeks I was away?" I nod as he continues, "I was in a sleep clinic at the hospital. They're trying to find out what's wrong."
I chew my lip as I look at his form, it's like he's managing to shrink himself in the dark and he looks so vulnerable and lonely. I wish I had the ability to climb to his roof.
"I'm guessing they don't know yet?"
"No, I have my own theories," he whispers, but the sound carries in the still night and I hear every word as I whisper back to not disrupt the peace.
"Which are?"
"I'd describe it as nyctophilia."
"Nick who?" I ask in confusion, watching the corner of his eyes crinkle shut as he throws his head back in laughter and I feel like a dumbass while he laughs at me.
"No. Not Nick, nyctophilia," he chuckles to himself, ruffling up his red hair before continuing, "It's a person that appreciates and loves the dark and the night. Maybe I can't sleep at night because I like to be awake to appreciate the beauty that nighttime holds."
I nod in understanding, noting the name down in my head to google it later and get some actual information on it.
"I should go back inside," he mutters, standing up as I follow.
"What you gonna do?" I ask with interest, rubbing the dirt from my jeans as I pick up the blanket I brought out with me.
"Who knows?" He shrugs, lowering himself through the window and closing it with a click.

A/N
Eccedentesiast is up on my profile and will begin updating next week (maybe earlier, who knows?)
Updated Jarhead today ahh Muke :)