My Heart Is Not Homophobic {2}

The boy took the paper out of my hand, basically ignoring me as he talked to the kid next to him. I spun back around, positive a blush had crept onto my face. Holy shit! He was absolutely gorgeous.

                His skin was a nice tan color and he was muscular. His eyes were a beautiful brown littered with specks of green and gold. His hair was black and stylishly messy. He had a nose ring that looked extremely good on him.

                The bell rang at the end of class and I got up and followed the attractive kid, JJ, out of the room. He walked down the hall with the kid that had been sitting next to him, who wasn’t bad looking either, talking and laughing.

                River came over to me with a smile. “Hey. How was class?” “It was good. Who are they?” I lowered my voice and nodded at JJ and the other kid. River looked at them and shock and horror crossed his face.

                “Don’t even associate with them Milo. They are bad, bad, bad news. That’s JJ Hottie and Patrick Cash. JJ’s fucking brutal man, and not in a good way. He only talks to Pat and his older brother, Gabe, and their friend Felix. Anyone else is just a punching bag in his eyes.”

                Curiosity gripped me. “Really? He didn’t seem mean in class.” River let out a humorless laugh. “Yea, I know. He gives off a ‘good guy’ vibe, but it’s bullshit. Trust me.” His tone told me that this subject was closed, so I let it drop as we entered 3rd period health class together.

                He told me to sit next to him and I did. A minute later, JJ and Pat walked in and I forced myself not to stare. I could tell River was watching me out of the corner of his eyes.

                JJ and Pat sat down together in front of us. The teacher went to the front of the room when the bell rang and put some directions up on a slideshow on the Smartboard.

                “Now, you will be working in groups of 5 to figure out how to put 9 nails, onto 1.” He held up a block of wood with a single nail sticking out of it. “I’ll give you a minute to get into your groups.”

                With that, kids got up and shifted around. River looked at me and shrugged. “I don’t really know anyone in this class.” The teacher cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention. “Okay. Who doesn’t have a group of 5?” Several hands went up, including ours.

                He looked at us and shrugged a little. “Pat, Gabe, and JJ, turn around and work with River and the new student.” He turned to another group and instructed them who to work with.

                River looked absolutely furious as the 3 boys in front of us turned around. One of them, Gabe I’m assuming, smirked. “Hey River. How’re things going?” “Don’t talk to me you piece of shit!” River snapped angrily.

                Pat and Gabe laughed as the teacher came over and handed us our nails. “Who’s this kid? I’ve never seen him before,” Pat said, looking at me. “I’m Milo,” I said, a bit shyly. “Cool. I’m Pat and this my brother Gabe,” he said, nodding at Gabe. “And that’s JJ.”

                JJ was absentmindedly playing with a nail. “Yo, JJ!” Pat said and elbowed him. His head snapped up in shock. “Huh? Wha?” Pat rolled his eyes. “I was introducing you to the new kid.” He looked at me, uninterested. “Oh. Yea. Hey. I’m JJ.” “I’m Milo,” I repeated.

                “Alright. Enough talk. Let’s do this shit,” Gabe said, cracking his knuckles as if he were about to get in a fight. JJ shook his head. “I know how to do this with 10 nails. My dad showed me last year.”