she would know

Lucy laid beside the scaled dragon. She felt safe and protected. She didn't feel stress or worry, like she usually did ever since her mother placed the crown on her head. For once she didn't feel like a princess she felt normal. Lucy ran her fingers along the scales. The dragon turned its head to her. Lucy smiled.
"Does that tickle, natsu?" Lucy giggled with a wide smile. The dragon laid its head back down. Closing its red eyes. Lucy laid her head on its back. Falling asleep on the warm scales.
Lucy woke up she laid on the ground. Lucy looked around for natsu. No sight. She stood up and saw a knight fighting Naatsu. The knights sword stabbed into natsu. Lucy screamed.
"STOP!" Hot tears began to flow from her eyes as the dragon finally fell to the ground, not moving. Lucy ran to the dragon, her dress was dirty and ripped from the months she stayed by the dragons side and she had lost her shoes a long time ago.
"Miss lucy" the knight answered as he took a step closer to lucy.
"GET AWAY" Lucy screamed as she sat beside natsus face. Lucy touched his scales.. For the last time.

--
Lucy woke up. She was in her room. She looked around.
"Was it just a dream?" She asked herself. She stood up and saw she was wearing a short pink dress. Lucy walked out to the hall her mother walked past. Lucy looked away. Her father sat in his office.
"Lucy!" He called. Lucy heard from the hall and began to walk into his office.
"Nice to see you again, but you need to talk with your mother." He said as he kept his head down on the paper work. Lucy didn't smile. Lucy didn't nod. It wasnt a dream, but only a reality she wanted once more. Lucy walked the mansion. Lucy finally found her mother.
"Mother" lucy said in a calm steady voice. She turned around to face lucy with a half smile.
"Happy you're back! But we have a new knight to protect you, so it won't happen again" she said.
Lucy nodded. Knowing she wouldn't be able to run away to the dragon ever again. The knight walked out. In his shinning amour. Lucy could smell something that reminded her of happiness. The knight opened the face mask. His red eyes shined as did his smile. Lucy laughed,smiled for the first time in her home for a long time. She would notice her dragon anywhere.