Chapter Twenty-Four

Word Count: 4151

Thank you so so so much for getting this book to 20K reads!

!Love you lots!

+_+_+_+

Xandria's Point of View

Gaby and I approach the pack prison with full caution. I can hear the sound of something snapping and being broken against the stone walls that seperate Gaby and I from the my mate. My blood ran cold as I hear a female screaming loudly. I look over at Gaby in horror; my eyes bulge out of their sockets at the noise. I swear to the Goddess, if Hunter is hurting a girl I will not speak to him ever again!

Gaby pushes open the two doors, and I am a bit surprised to find that there was no guards anywhere. I would think that Hunter would at least have guards standing in front of the doors to have backup.

With the doors now open, we came to stand at the back of a giant crowd along the walls of one of the rooms to our right. It was one of the torture rooms by the strong smell of blood coming from it. It was the room where pack leaders would bring prisoners in order to get information, even if their tactics of persuasion were very inhumane at times.

I squeeze my way past two guards to find the main attraction. Hunter stood with Chace next to him; both very tense and sweaty. Hunter's muscles bulge in his tight black shirt and I couldn't help but drool a little. He should really wear that shirt more often. Like damn he-

"Kind of in the middle of something," Gaby whispers into my ear, cutting me off from my dirty mind. She pushes me lightly with her shoulder and that draws me back to the fuming Alpha. Chace didn't look as pissed off as Hunter, but he was still angrily looking at something in front of him. 

"Right," I say with a nod. Hunter must be pretty pissed because he hasn't even picked up that I'm here yet.

"Look," Gaby says. She points over to the one of the corners of the room where the same female rogue from Alpha Reece's territory sat with her head buried into her knees. She was shaking in fear and I frowned at her state. She looked healthier than the last time I saw her, but there was still visible cuts and bruises.

I look around for her brother, the rouge who had been with her, but couldn't see him. I'm guessing that he is behind Hunter and Chace because with both of the men being so built, it was hard to see past them.

"I smell something," Gaby says from behind me. I look around and try to detect anything off in the room. Other than the fact that no one has spoken in the last five minutes, I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

"What does it smell like?" I whisper back. She shrugs her shoulder, bringing her nose up to sniff again. Her nose crinkled in disgust, which I presume means that the smell was terrible smelling.

"I think it's just the rogue," she says, "it's disgusting."

"Are you su-"

A loud growl cut me off mid-sentence. I spin my head around to find Hunter with a furious look on his face.

Well, I guess he knows I'm here now.

"What are you doing here? Who permitted them down here?!" he asks to the group in his powerful Alpha voice. The men stay quiet as Hunter growls fiercely at them, making them all take several steps back. I begin to take small steps towards Hunter, and while doing so, I can hear the sharp intakes of breath from the pack guards. They must think I'm in for a death wish right now.