Chapter 21

Chapter 21
~M

"This is my third in command," Luke explains as I eye the large man entering the back seat.

Luke has to meet with another Alpha in a neighboring back for business and he wanted to bring me along. Probably to get me used to being a Luna.

"Nat," he clarifies in a monotone, his deep grey eyes never leaving mine. I suppose that it's what makes him so intimidating, the way he holds a persons gaze.

Not his size or his build, or even the fact he is obviously 5 years older then the rest of us, or more. The fact that he has power rolling off him in waves.

So does Luke, but he is unaware of it, while Nat uses it to his advantage. He has broad shoulders and a toned torso, along with short black hair, and wide arms. The bags under his eyes, and the worry lines between his eye brows is what sets him apart from the other Wolves I've met so far in this pack. He has seen the world.

I glance down Nat one more time and take note of the various scars. I guess he might be warrior because scars only stay on werewolves if certain poisons are used and that was very popular during the war.

I know Luke was lucky enough to not get involved because he was an Alpha in training. But the rest of us, weren't spared. We fought and many died.

"You've already met his mate," Luke explains, seeing that Nat wasn't going to bother too, "Jasmine."

A picture of a bubble, kid-loving beauty, with long lashes and a bright smile flashes in my head and glance back at Nat.

I try to picture him and Jasmine together. He doesn't seem like much of a talker, while she went a head and introduced herself to me and told me her life story in the first hour of meeting.

I set a smile slip to my lips, "I know her." I say and try to hold in a chuckle. "She really loves you," I state unaware I said it aloud.

"She talks about me?" Nat asks with a small smile, the first emotion I have seen him express.

"Yes. A lot," I say and don't feel the need to elaborate. The gleam in Nat's eyes seemed to stay there through out the silent car ride.

  The car ride want fast with Luke's hand constantly in contact with me and my body in some way. His hand was plastered into my hip or thigh and some times he would intertwine our fingers and gently kiss my knuckles.

It made me calm and relaxed, for some reason I felt like he was trying to prove himself to me. That made me feel guilty  because I knew how much trying to run away hurt him. I knew that it wasn't something that could have been a good memory and I knew I would regret it for the rest of my life. He was hurt. And I was the one that cause him pain.

I press that thought away as we pull up a long gravel driveway in front of a huge house that reminds me of the Cullen's house from Twilight. With big glass windows and wooden frames and-

Oh my god I know this house.

I tense up as Luke turns off the car, no way this can't be, I didn't even smell him.

I don't even recognize the land anymore, it's been built up so much since I came here last.

"You coming?" Luke asks as he slides out of the car and closes his door.

I follow him out to the front of the house and latch onto his arm.
"Are you okay?" He asks and places his hand over mine stopping in front of the steps.

I nod but squeeze his arm as he continues to stare at me as we wait with Nat behind us.

"Listen Luke I should tell you that-"

Before I could even begin the large wooden front door swings open and a man in his early thirties with short dark hair and a little bit of scruff on his chin.
He is tall and handsome with warm brown doe eyes and a flat nose, just the way I remembered him.

The man quickly glances at the group looks right past Luke and directly at me. His eyes widen and his jaw opens trying to figure out what to say for an over due greeting.

"Sophia ?" He asks as he stares at me finally speaking. I smile at him softly, I missed him.

"Noah, it's been too long!" I say, I detach myself from Luke and run towards my old father figure. And he catches me with open arms and spins me around

-------------

Hey thanks for the support guys I'm really glad your liking the story so far and I hope that you enjoy these next couple of chapters!!

Also just know that this is going to have a big ending and possible sequel!!