Twenty-Two

Blaise just held me as I cried. It felt like hours had gone by but it was probably only a few minutes. He wasn't talking just gently soothing me. God I was so pathetic. I was fucking 26 years old and still having my best friend hold me as I cried. Finally, I stopped crying and I was just being held by him. I listened to both of ours heartbeats. Beating in sync.

"Draco?" He whispered. I hummed in response not really trusting my voice. "What happened?" He asked and I started crying again.

"I-I just want you two to be happy." I cried. "I-I don't w-want you t-two to feel the need to... to sneak around." I let out a sob burying my face into his neck.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You and Harry." I wheezed. He pulled back and made me look at him.

"What?"

"If you and Harry want to date, that's fine with me." I sniffled. "I just want you two to be happy and if that means being without me, it's okay."

"Draco, did you hear the voice again?" He asked and I nodded. "You forgot to take your meds. Harry and I were so scared." He told me. "But Draco, Harry and I aren't sneaking around. He loves you."

"I saw you in town together." I told him quietly. "I was at the dog park and you two seemed really cozy." I whispered and brought me into his chest holding me tightly. "Why would he ask you to take him?"

"Cause I had to get new shoes, we tol-"

"No." I tried to shove him but he was holding on to me too tightly. "He made up his mind way before Bambi chewed on your shoe." I retorted and he sighed. He patted my head gently and cleared his throat.

"We're not seeing each other Draco. We were getting you something. Harry asked me to take him. I think since you forgot to take your meds and since you saw us, you assumed the worst." He said and then made me look at him. "But we are not, in any means, involved. He is head over heels for you Draco. Please don't leave like that again."

"I'm sorry." I sniffled.

"It's not your fault. How are you feeling?"

"Sleepy." I told him and he nodded.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and I shrugged. "Okay, we can pick some food up."

"Okay." I said quietly. I stood up and we walked out without another word. Once we get in the car, we start to drive to a place that sells sandwiches. "Can you tell Harry I'm okay?" I asked and he nodded. Without taking his hands off the wheel, he tell Siri to call Harry. It rang once before he answered.

"Blaise? Are you with Draco?" He rushed out and my heart clenched painfully at the worry in his voice.

"Yes, you're on speaker. He's not really in the talking mood. He's okay and unharmed."

"Oh thank god." He exhaled. "Draco, you don't have to say anything. But I love you. I love you so much, okay?" He said. "I can't wait for you to come home so I can give you a big hug and kiss you." He told me and I smiled shyly.

"I love you too." I croaked.

"I'm happy to hear that." He chuckled. "I'll see you when you get home." He said.

"Harry, we're picking up sandwiches."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." He said and we hung up. I placed my head against the window.

"Draco, are you sure you're okay?" He asked and I sniffled.

"Yeah. Meds make me sleepy and dreary." I told him. "I think when I get home I'm gonna eat, make Harry take a bath with me, and then sleep. I am exhausted."