Seventeen

Blaise, Harry and I set off for the airport at 7am. I hated mornings and I hated airports but I knew it would be worth it. I wheeled Harry outside as Blaise held our bags. Harry started physical therapy but he was having trouble walking which frustrated him even more.

"Okay so since we already printed our tickets, all we have to do is go through security. And check our bags." I told them and they nodded. I lifted Harry up and put him in the back of the taxi. I got in next to him. Blaise folded up his wheelchair and packed that away.

"Do your parents still live in the same house?" Harry asked me.

"Yes." I said and then Blaise got into the front.

"Can we um maybe see my old house?" He asked and I nodded. We were silent the entire time being too tired to talk. We got there at around eight which was perfect timing for our ten am flight. Blaise hopped out of the car and got the wheelchair. I got out and then helped Harry into it.

"Do you wanna hold your bag?" I asked and he nodded. I grabbed his bag from Blaise and placed it on his lap. I wheeled Harry as Blaise grabbed our bags and walked behind us. We walked to the bag check and waited. "I hate waiting."

"We've been here for two minutes." Blaise pointed out.

"Yeah but this line is so bloody long." I groaned. Harry patted my hand gently. He was out of his cast which made him feel a little better about himself. The line moved up so he wheeled himself forward... into the lady in front of him.

"Hey watch it!" The brunette screeched turning around.

"Sorry." Harry said.

"You could have hurt me! Just because you're handicapped doesn't mean your brain needs to be." She hissed. I was about to speak up but Harry cut me off.

"Listen bitch, you're lucky I can't stand because if I could, you wouldn't be. I suggest you turn the fuck around before we have a bigger issue." He sneered and she rolled her eyes. She turned around with a huff and I looked down at Harry. He was fuming, I had never seen him that way before. I turned to Blaise and he was wearing the same concerned expression.

After the lady went, we got up and then weighed our bags. Because I'm a doctor, I get a discount on the bags. They were checked and we had no carry-ons other than the wheelchair so we went through security. The lines weren't terrible so we dumped all the electronics in the bucket. Harry was taken to the side so they could manually wand him. We met up and we still had an hour before boarding. Harry hadn't said a word since the lady was mean to him so I took a deep breath and began.

"Let's get some food before we board." I suggested.

"That sounds like such a good idea." Blaise rubbed his hands together.

"I'm not that hungry." Harry spoke quietly. I sighed and dropped a kiss on his head.

"Eat something, we'll be traveling all day." I told him and he reluctantly agreed. We made our way to the food court and got some pancakes from McDonalds. "So are we excited?" I asked.

"Yeah I can't wait to see mum." Blaise smiled. "She's excited to see me."

"That's great. My parents can't wait to see us." I said and Harry took a bite of his pancake. He smiled shyly and I kissed him. "Are you excited to see your friends?"

"I'm nervous." He admitted. "So much as changed. I think I'll feel awkward."

"Well if you feel uncomfortable we'll leave."