Twelve

I wasn't going  to update today but I'm feeling generous...

"...ims of last week's brutal crash are believed to still be in critical condition." The not so clear voice rang in my ears.

"Zabini, turn that rubbish off." My father's voice said. I tried opening my eyes and let out a soft groan.

"Draco?" I heard and I let my eyes open.

"What happened?" I croaked and I felt fingers run through my hair. My vision cleared more and I saw it was dad and my father was at the foot of my bed. I noticed my leg was in a big cast and my left arm was too.

"Draco, you're awake." Blaise said. I blinked a few times and tried to will away the headache.

"Draco, are you alright?" Father asked.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"You were in bad car accident." Dad told me and I looked up at him.

"What?"

"You were speeding and then slammed on your breaks." He told me and I tried putting everything together. The last thing I remembered was dinner with Harry.

"And?"

"Well the police car following you was already speeding to catch up to you and when you stopped, he didn't move quickly enough and slammed into you. You two go thrown into the intersection and um-" He cut himself off and took a deep breath.

"Drake." I turned my head. Blaise was looking at me sadly. "You were hit by a truck. It apparently stopped at quickly as possible but it dragged you about a hundred feet and then your car turned over upside down." He told me and I stared at him. A lump grew in my throat and tears trickled at my eyes.

"Did he die?" I asked and Blaise looked at me sympathetically.

"No Draco, Harry is alive. He's not well but he's alive." He told me and I nodded before bursting into tears. Arms wrapped around me as I buried my face into Blaise's chest.

"I'm so sorry." I cried. "I'm sorry."

"Shh Draco settle down. Shh." Blaise rubbed my back. "He's alive Draco. He's alive and awake. He's been asking for you."

"What?" I mumbled into his chest.

"He's been asking for you, to see if you're okay. Sirius comes in everyday to see if you're awake."

"How long have I been out?" I asked looking up. I had calmed down.

"Eight days. That's when everything happened. Harry had been up for five." Blaise told me.

"Do you want us to tell you what the outcome was?" Father asked and I nodded. "You have several broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken arm, you hit your head pretty hard but surprisingly there was no concussion, and your face was um... burned pretty badly."

"What?!"

"Never fear Draco, you've received skin grafts." Dad, who was still stroking my hair, gave me a mirror. My face didn't look any different but if looked closely, there was scarring. I looked away and looked at Blaise.

"And my car?" I asked.

"Completely destroyed."

"Did anyone die?" I asked.