" I happen to find this barely restrained wild streak in you quite stimulating. Must be the shapeshifter in me."

I pressed my lips to his to which he responded with fever. Our kiss was not sweet at all. Animalistic carnal desires intensified the kiss. I bit his lower and he gasped. I then slipped my tongue in his warm carven tracing every part of him. My hands slid up his chest tracing patterns along his pectorals and abs. And he wasn't in the slightest shy about how he reciprocated. He was even bold enough to trail his hands inside my shirt. He lowered his hands getting dangerously close to my belt buckle.

My hand jumps to stop him earning a frustrated whine from him.

" This is quite enough, " I murmured, breaths laboured.

He panted trying but failing to recollect himself. I pecked his lips then smiled at him. He groaned wrapping his arms around and pulling me closer to him.

" I'm a taken man, Dante," I said.

He heaved a sigh, clearly disappointed. " I can't say I'm surprised. All the good guys are taken." He cast his stare to the ground looking forlorn.

" Hey, hey, " I cupped his face," you'll find someone. "

" Well that's reassuring, " he huffed, folding his arms over his chest, avoiding my stare.

" The gods would never wish for you to stay unmated. You will find your match."

With a few parting words to the shapeshifter I headed home. Had I known that Dante would meet his doom this very night I would have tried to save him from such a fate. In the long run there was no running from fate.

* * *

I closed the door behind me and was met with bags in the foyer. Osydian descended the stairs taking two at a time, panic flickering through her silver eyes.

" What's going on? " I enquired, worriedly." What are all the bags for?" I gestured to the bags.

" I'm deeply sorry, Naroi, but I can't continue this journey with you. I've done all I could to help and while that is not enough I wish you luck on your journey. " She pulled the handle of her bag and came closer to me.

" Why leave in such a rush? " I placed my hands on her wool sweater covered shoulders, staring at her in concern. My heart constricted as tears rolled down her face.

" The demons from my past have come back to haunt me. The sight of my enemy torments me. I'm afraid I'm no use to you in such a state, " she explained, sadness laced to her words.

I nodded then pecked her left cheek." Go well, dearest Osydian and I do hope you overcome the dark cloud that has befallen you, " I said sincerely of which she smiled gratefully.

If anyone knew what she was going through was me. For years I'd been tormented by my demons. Still now I was trying to forget about that part of my life. Thinking how weak and skittish I once was made me cringe in revulsion. If anyone could overcome the demons of the past it would most certainly be her. She was that strong.

" Summon Agleace. He won't hesitate to come to your aid. " And with that said she left us. I didn't blame her one bit.  She had helped us so far and now it was time she helped herself.

I went upstairs and stripped down to my boxers and laid on my stomach. The house was suffocatingly silent. A clear sign that I was all alone. It was a very nice state to rest for a bit and so I did, my mind plagued by four deadly beautiful men who made it their mission to run my nerves haywire. Maybe I was masochistic. Why else would I keep creating such problems for myself.

I woke with a jolt when I felt cold fingers sliding down my back and ending at the waistband of my boxers making me jerk back a frown etched on my face. Vartan sat on the side edge of the bed in a relaxed manner.

I locked gazes with his trying to read the emotions that blazed through his obsidian eyes. The more I locked gazes with him the more I thought of red gold flecked eyes that I've only ever seen on one being and that was Kalithseus.

Although our encounter had been brief I still could feel the power that had radiated off of him in waves. As insane as it seemed I felt him through Vartan. And then thoughts of the heated dream I had would flash in my mind reminding me of how painfully aroused I had been.

This Vartan was different. He exuded confidence bordering on arrogance, sensuality and sex appeal. I was not used to him being like this. It was as though another entity had inhabited his vessel.

He was able to remind me of things I wanted desperately to forget. And that gave me enough reason to fear him. He was a danger to me. He was virus to my control. And he drew me to him like a magnet to silver.

" Shouldn't you be resting?" I asked gruffly.

He ignored my question weaving his fingers through my hair. And after a few minutes he finally spoke. " You've been in the company of another man?" he remarked, angrily then continued, " and by the smell wafting from you, you enjoyed his touch. "

I pushed his hands away from me with a scowl to my face. " What's it to you?! " I yelled angrily. " You have no say in who gets to touch me. I consented and that's all that matters."

" I. Have. A. Say!" he snapped with a growl. One moment I was edging off of the bed and the next I was lying on my back with a furious Vartan glaring at me with a murderous intensity that chilled me to the bone.

" Get off of me, you bastard!" I spat at him then curled my lip indignantly. " I am your king, Vartan. Know your damn place. "

He got off me startled by my words. It was as though a switch was turned off and making him seem shameful and apologetic all of a sudden.

" You seem to have forgotten whom I am. A few stolen moments do not give you leverage over me. I'm disappointed in you. From now on you stay the hell away from me or so help me, I will slice your head clean off your neck. "

He opened his mouth to say something but I didn't give the chance as I yelled at him to get out.

Bryson chose that moment to burst into the room and seized Vartan by his forearms. " You stay the hell away from my king. You are not worthy to be in his presence. If you dare go near him again I'll make your life a living nightmare. Got it? " he tightened his hold on him.

Vartan nodded casting an apologetic look my way. I averted my gaze away from him until I heard the sound of my bedroom door closing shut. I sagged onto the bed sighing in relief.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

MARTHA STREAMS