Chapter 5: The South Pole

Lily never knew that the P.O.O.P. could take you anywhere in the universe.

As soon as she was bundled up, she went to the P.O.O.P. and got in the elevator box. She popped out of the container into Antarctica.

Wow. It felt so good to be back on her home planet, on the sort-of familiar ground. But now was not the time for daydreaming about New York City. She started to search the area, trudging through three-foot piles of snow and slipping on ice until she came upon a group of penguins. Lily was about to grab one when she remembered that Stacy had asked for a specific type of penguin. She knew these birds were definitely not Emperor penguins. Lily kept walking across the white landscape.

Lily nearly stepped on the next penguin.

She was about to trudge over a small heap of snow when the hill moved. Lily froze, her foot inches from an Emperor penguin. She put her foot down somewhere else and snatched the squawking bird up. Jogging back to the box, she jumped inside and traveled back to the elfin world (or as she called it: Planet Elf).

"You got the penguin!" Stacy snatched the bird out of Lily's arms. She jogged back to the control center, Lily trailing close behind. Stacy dropped the wiggling penguin in a glass box with a plastic penguin statue inside. Picking up a syringe, she injected a clear liquid into the bird's back before quickly closing the container. "Let's see if this works," Stacy said.

Seconds later the penguin began to writhe aggressively. Lily frowned. "Is it supposed to be like that?" "Yes," Stacy answered impatiently. "Now, shh!"

The bird slowly went back to normal. In a state of complete confusion but slight anger, the penguin turned to look at the statue. SQUAWK! The penguin attacked the figurine violently, kicking quite humorously with its feet and biting the plastic. "What is it doing?" Lily asked. "The wonders of liquid electronics," Stacy said proudly. "The affected dwarf should turn against its own species. I'll put the fluid in dart guns."