one

it was about five thirty in the afternoon, and iwaizumi was walking on his pavement when he saw a 'moving' truck approaching him on the road and stopped on the house beside his; not long after, a red car came along and parked on the same house. it didn't took iwaizumi long to assume he's going to have a new neighbor.

"mom?" iwaizumi called out as he closed the door behind him.

not long after, a woman who shares some same features as iwaizumi; came towards him wearing an apron that already had some dirty food stains on it. "iwaizumi- there you are! dinner have been ready for about fifteen minutes now"

"sorry-" iwaizumi smiled apologetically and his mom gave him a face before turning around and started to walk to the kitchen. "uh..- so mom.." iwaizumi started, following his mother steps behind, "i didn't know we're getting a new neighbor"

"well this is maybe why you should've pay more attention to your surroundings than locking yourself in that bedroom of yours.." his mother deadpanned as she walked and not bothering to turned around to face iwaizumi.

iwaizumi frowned, "i don't always lock myself in my bedroom.." he said, and stopped when he got to a chair at the dining table. "as a matter of fact-" iwaizumi continued, "i just come back from the outside" he announced proudly and took a seat on the chair.

"to hung out with that girl you have a crush on, right?" his mother teased him with a knowing smile as she set the dining plate on the table, making iwaizumi cheeks went bright red.

"it was for homework! and she needed my help!" iwaizumi retorted quite flustered, making his mother laughed.

"okay- okay.." she said after finished laughing, "just go eat your dinner. i hope you like tuna fish because we're having that tonight" his mother said.

+++

at about seven in the night, iwaizumi went back to his room.

when iwaizumi decided to open the curtains on his window, he saw through the double casement window from the house next door; that the room was already lit up with lights. judging from what iwaizumi could see from the outside, he guessed the room will be used as someone's bedroom. iwaizumi guessed that the family had moved in already while he had dinner downstairs, and a possibility of might meeting a new face for once in awhile since he and whoever going to sleep on that bedroom have a possible chance of seeing each other through the windows.

iwaizumi went back to the bed behind him, and to his surprise, he saw a big dragonfly on top of his bed. "shit!" iwaizumi cursed under his breath, before grabbing the nearest pillow in an instinct and tried to waggle the dragonfly off his bed.

as the dragonfly flew off of his bed and across his room, iwaizumi opened his double casement window in a hurry and waved his pillow in the air all around the room; in hope of getting the dragonfly out. after a lot of tries and a few minutes passed, the dragonfly finally flew out of his room through the open window.

"ooh! you seemed pretty distressed there!" iwaizumi was too busy paying attention to the dragonfly outside that was flying further and further away into the dark starry sky when he heard a somewhat high-pitched voice spoke on a close distance. he turned his face to see a brown haired boy already looking at him with a boyish smile on his face; his head was resting on the palms of his hand as he placed his elbows on the window frame.

iwaizumi gave him a confused look, "uh.. yeah, i kinda was." he spoke to the new boy uncertainly. the boy, that looked just about his age giggled and it made iwaizumi surprised of how cheery the boy seemed. "you must be my new neighbor, right?" iwaizumi asked.

the boy smiled and nodded, "right! oikawa tooru, from the oikawa household! nice to meet you, distressed teenage boy who will be my neighbor from now on" oikawa introduce himself cheerfully, a smile never left his face.

iwaizumi frowned, "i'm not distressed anymore-" he defended, "the dragonfly is out already" iwaizumi said, nudging his head to the direction the dragonfly flew out.

oikawa giggled, "i know, but it was kinda cute looking at you waving your pillow all around the room trying to waggle a dragonfly out for awhile there"

iwaizumi turned red in embarrassment, "you-you're watching me the whole time?!"

oikawa smiled, "yep!"

"shit- this is why i should have never opened my curtains" iwaizumi cussed, earning another laugh from oikawa.

"don't worry!" oikawa said in between laughs, "i told you, it was cute!" oikawa said, supposedly an act of making iwaizumi feel better.

iwaizumi turned around with a look, "thanks, man" iwaizumi said sarcastically with a straight face.

"always a pleasure, stranger!" oikawa replied, snapping his index finger with his thumb.

"the stranger have a name, over to cheery new neighbor.." iwaizumi said, referring oikawa with a new nickname he had just come up with spontaneously, "its iwaizumi hajime." he told.

"ooh! nice to meet you, iwa-chan!" oikawa said with an excited look as he straighten up his body posture.

iwaizumi startled at the nickname, "w-wait, i-iwa-chan?!"

"tooru! your dinner is ready!" another voice, loud enough to be heard all the way to iwaizumi's room interrupted the two boy's conversation.

oikawa's face turned alarmed, "oh! coming mom!"oikawa shouted back when he turned around. "gotta go iwa-chan! dinner is served! see you later!" oikawa waved iwaizumi a good bye, and before iwaizumi could say anything else, oikawa already hurried back and left the room.

iwaizumi stood quietly as he stare at the empty room, thinking of how weird his first encounter with his new neighbor was, and how his days would go now with oikawa; a new, cheery boy as his new neighbor from now on.