I stood backstage with producers and models that had legs longer than giraffe's and were wearing insane getups they weren't pleased in. My models were different though. I told them to smile. I told them to have fun tonight and to work the crowd. They all weren't exactly one hundred ten pounds. In fact, I even treated them to pizza the night before. 

They weren't client or walking coat hangers. They were human beings and friends. 

"Five minutes, ladies! Five minutes!" The director boomed as I moved out of the way. I'd almost been run over by another rack of clothes being sent to another model's dressing room. It was completely chaotic backstage. It was amazing what they hid behind curtains. It was amazing of how much trouble the models' went through to be deemed as perfect and beautiful. They trained all year round for a thirty second walk. Their commitment was admirable. 

I acted like a wallflower, fidgeting with the buttons of my coat as I looked up the nearest flight to England on my phone. The reception back here was awful and I walked around from corner to corner until I finally gave up. I bumped into someone by accident and spilled out apologizes almost immediately. 

"I'm so so so sorry! I was trying to get some decent wifi and - " I looked up at the man. He had been wearing a Burberry coat and a shirt with animal print on it. He smirked until I realized what was happening. 

"HARRY STYLES."

"OLIVIA DEVINE."

I jumped into his arms without hesitation and squealed as we wrapped our arms around each other.  I kissed his cheek as he kissed mine. I couldn't contain my excitement when I pulled away and got a good look at him. 

"Five years has been too long!" I said, with a big grin. 

"You agreed to that bet so don't start complaining." He shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I-Is this real life? I can't believe it. You flew out here just for me?"

"Your brothers are here too. Lou kind of invited me. She's big on fashion, you know."

"No, Harry, I didn't know that." I said sarcastically. 

"You haven't changed a bit." He ruffled my hair as I rolled my eyes. 

"I got cameras on me twenty four seven. Keep out of my hair, would ya?" I muttered, looking for the nearest mirror to fix it. "Would by ay chance Zayn be here?" 

"Don't cry." Harry said as he stood behind me in the mirror as I checked my eyeliner. 

"So, he's not here?" I pouted, dropping my shoulders. 

"He's at an showcase for his art in Italy." 

"By Jove, we both made it, didn't we?!" I said, with a laugh. "That's incredible! Wish I could be there for him." I smiled sadly now, but I was still very excited for him.

"Louis is up there with him."

"I knew he had it in him. That graffitti room was good for him."

"Miss Devine," A man backstage called me with a clipboard in his hand.

"Yes?" I turned to him, with a little smile.

"Your guest is requesting you find your seat before the show starts." 

"Oh, okay. Yes and is there anyway you could reposition some seats for me?" I looked over at Harry, with a tiny grin.

* * * *

Seeing my clothes down on the runway was completely surreal. I wouldn't trade the moment for the world. Unlike all the other designers who simply frowned and critiqued their own clothes or even others, I was cheering my models on with Harry by my side and my brothers right behind me. They patted my back and engulfed me in huge hugs when I arrived. Ben and Mister Wilson hit it off immediately and talked throughout the show. 

"Those are really my clothes," I whispered, as my last model blew a kiss to the camera and spun on her heel. Her dress had a dramatic flow to it that I adored. It was flowy and dramatic and it was my favorite piece in the entire collection. The jacket that went with it had a ZAP embelishment on the back for Zayn and buttons pinned on them with sarcastic sayings that I could picture Louis saying if anyone particually was on his nerves that day. I missed them so much.

"We'd like to take a minute and recognize our newest designer and the designer of that previous collection, Miss Olivia Devine." The announcer said before she musical guest went onto sing. I was escorted onto the runway with a small speech in my head and a heart full of gratitude and excitement. A microphone was given to me and the limelight was in my eyes. I looked right into the camera and mouthed, "Hi Mom" earning a few laughs. 

I was asked questions but I didn't even remember answering them. The only one I answered was the one about where my inspiration came from.

"A lot of people helped me out with this collection and I'd really like to thank my teacher who's sitting right there and didn't bash me when I said I had a thing for the plaid pattern." I started to laugh and he gave me a thumbs up from the front row. I went down my list- my mom, my dad. Brothers. Harry. The boys. Perrie. Rosie. It was a typical acceptance speech. 

But I looked right into the camera and felt a pang of guilt. 

I should be at Cocoa and Dough with Zayn. In our booth with Elaine and old records on the jukebox as we drink hot tea and eat biscottis. I'm not supposed to be here. 

"I-I really, want to t-thank someone special to my heart. He's the only reason why I'm up on this stage." I let out a heavy sigh. "Zayn Malik. I love you and I'm wishing you all the best from Paris and I wish I could be at your showing at one of the biggest art museums in the world, but I can't but I hope you know I'm in your corner and thank you for pushing me and putting up with all my crap. I-I'll see you soon. Congratulations." 

Up on that stage, my outburst not only was so out of  place but it made me feel out of place. I awkwardly thanked everyone again and handed the microphone back to the host and quickly sat back down in my seat. Josh rubbed my shoulders from behind and Mister Wilson squeezed my hand. 

Harry however did not let me sit in a pity party for too long, because he reached into his coat and pulled out a ticket for me. 

At first I didn't notice it. He slipped it out as if he were a drug dealer and he was handing me the "stuff", but after poking me several times with it's tip, I processed what it was and tried not to scream as I realized it was a ticket to Italy. 

"You're my best friend in the entire world, Styles." I sobbed into his arms as we embraced once more.

"We'll leave tonight after all this." He whispered in my ear as I wiped my eyes and tried to look interested in the newest collection from Free People. 

Mister Wilson fist bumped me. "Go get him, girl." 

Hopefully, he'd still want me and we could pick up right where we left off.