I know that he's a cocky jerk, but I also know he loves his family. He can have all the worst traits a human can get, but at the end of the day he will put his family above others.

"And I felt really upset when she accused me of not being a good boyfriend. I know I'm not the best but I always try to make her happy..." He absentmindedly added. "She told me I'm an embarrassment because I didn't show up in the right time."

This is probably why he called her spoiled. Both of them were wrong. And now, they don't know how to mend the wounds they left each other. I can feel that Jungkook really loves my cousin, even now that he's hurt. He just doesn't want to come back to her yet, probably because he wants space to think.

"I'm sorry." I finally said after a few minutes of processing everything. "How's your brother?"

He showed me a tired smile, "He's fine now. He overworked."

"It's good that he's okay." I nodded. I'm speechless, honestly. I don't know why he explained everything to me. He probably wants me to tell Eunhye.

"Sorry for bothering you at this late hour." Jungkook stood up. "I'll go now. Thanks for the time."

I got on my feet as well, sending him a tiny, forced smile. "No problem..."

I accompanied him out of the house. And then I remembered, I didn't see his car earlier.

"You have your car with you?" I asked when we finally made it outside the gates.

He shook his head. "Didn't bring it with me. I'll take a cab."

"I can... ask my driver to take you home..." I offered shyly.

I heard his soft chuckle, "Thanks but no thanks. I can manage."

"O-Okay."

Damn. I think I'm too obvious.

Jungkook hailed a cab but before he stepped inside the vehicle, he waved a hand at me, wearing his signature smirk.

In no time, the cab was out of my sight and as if on cue, my parents arrived.

I am torn. My mind kept replaying Eunhye's exact words as well as Jungkook's explanation. For the last time, I don't want to interfere with their lives anymore. But then again, Eunhye will just ask me for 'help.' I won't try to control their relationship like what I did before. I'll just become a helping hand. Will that be fine? Is that acceptable?

I sighed. Another sleepless night for me, huh?

In the morning, I pretty much looked like a zombie with my dark eye circles and dry skin. I decided to cover everything with foundation and concealer.

As usual, I performed my morning routines and came to school early. Soobin was already in the classroom, reading one of her thick books while playing songs from her iPod. I sat quietly beside her.

"Soo," I tapped her desk. Her eyes traveled down to me.

"What?"

"Why did you decline Eunhye's offer? We had dinner at her place last night." I asked as I took out my Biology textbook. It's tiring but I'll try advance reading from now on.

"What dinner?" Soobin asked. I whipped my head to see her expression. She was frowning. "Eunhye and I didn't talk after the club introductions. She didn't mention about having dinner."

I cleared my throat. I resisted th urge to sigh deeply. Did Eunhye purposely ask me to go with her so that she can give me her proposal? And I thought she really did want to bond...

"Nevermind," I shook my head.

There's still ten minutes until the bell rings and I decided to head to the washroom. I was walking alone (some smiled at me) and I was surprised to see Eunhye walking with Jimin. She was talking while he was smiling like he was so entertained. I wonder what they're talking about? Is she putting the plan in action without my approval?

My eyes widened when Eunhye spotted me in the crowd. She grabbed Jimin's arm and dragged him towards my direction.

"Look, she's here!" Eunhye smiled, placing an arm around my shoulder. "Hyori is great in painting. You guys should totally team up for this year's Lion's Sketch Contest."

Jimin looked at me, a surprised expression on his face, "Wow, you like Arts too, Hyori?"

Heat rose to my cheeks. I laughed awkwardly, "I do... but I'm not good..."

"Don't believe her, she's just shy," Eunhye chuckled. "She's amazing. She has paintings in their house."

I scowled at my cousin. Why is she exposing me now? Yes, I do love painting, but I can't believe she will use it to bring Jimin and I closer. That's totally unnecessary. Plus, I don't think I'm even prepared to participate in a major Art competition such as the Lion's Sketch.

"There's going to be an elimination round this coming Friday. Bring your art tools." Jimin told me.

"Elimination round? I thought that's only applicable for the Art Club members?"

"It's free for everyone." He smiled.

"There was an elimination round held yesterday, too, for boys. Jimin won and the person who will win on Friday will become his partner for the Art contest." Eunhye said, "So you gotta join, Hyo."

Jimin laughed lightly, running a hand through his black hair. I stared at him. If I was still infatuated, I'll probably fall in love with him right away. He's honestly gorgeous. "Alright. See you whenever."

He walked away from us and I immediately faced Eunhye with an irritated look. She only shrugged, smiling sheepishly at me.

Should I help her? No? I didn't ask her to help me with Jimin, but...

I hate this. In the first place, I shouldn't have tried to pry into Eunhye and Jungkook's relationship.

[a/n]; this chapter seems sloppy, i'm sorry :( just don't have enough inspiration to write this previous week bc i'm stressing with school works. i'll make sure to work harder on the next update :-)