Eleven

[NOT EDITED]

Third person:

"How's your dad?" Troye asked Tyler over the phone as he prepared for his date. Well dinner. He wasn't sure what to call it.

The time was nearing six and although he had an hour left till Connor showed up, he was beginning to panic, searching for what he was going to where.

"He's better. They released him from the hospital today and just required that we pay close attention to him and change his diet which had him whining like a child." Troye laughed.

"Well at least he's better. When are you coming back?" He asked as he pulled up a white button down and held it to his chest. The shirt seemed a little to formal but he didn't want to risk being underdressed.

Throwing the shirt on the ground he huffed. Why did everything have to be so hard?

"In two or three days tops. As much as I love Michigan, I miss the sunny weather," Tyler replied. Troye hummed, putting on some black skinny jeans and a striped black and white, long-sleeved shirt. The stripes going around his belly accentuating it but also hiding it at the same time.

"Well that's good," Troye said as he slid on his black vans and rolled the ankles of his pants up.

"Yeah. So do you have any plans for tonight?" And Troye wasn't sure if Tyler already knew about his plans and if not he wasn't necessarily sure of what to say. Maybe Connor had already told him or maybe Tyler was the one that suggested Connor ask him out.

Whatever it was, he was a little certain that Tyler was trying to play match maker and for some reason it kind of ticked him off.

Sure Troye didn't have the best of luck when it came to dating but it's not like he was looking either. He had just gotten his heart broken and he was ready to jump back into the dating pool just yet. Maybe in the future when he had his shit straightened out but even then, his child was going to be his main priority over any guy.

"Just gonna go get some dinner with Connor," he replied simply, shrugging his shoulders even though Tyler couldn't see him. On the other line he could hear Tyler gush like a giddy teenager.

"That's fucking adorable! I ship it!" Troye shook his head.

"Well stop because it's not going to happen."

"Sure..." Tyler hummed and Troye could basically hear the smirk on his face and Troye would do anything to wipe it off.

Him and Connor were friends. Maybe not even that. Acquaintances seemed more fitting and tonight was only a friendly dinner. Or at leasts that's what he's been telling himself since yesterday but he can't help but feel that maybe it was more. He tried not to dwell, deciding that whatever happens, happens.

There was a knock on the front door. Troye's heart began racing and his palms started to sweat. Connor.

"Ty? I have to go. Love and miss you bye!" With that Troye hung up before Tyler could reply, feeling a little guilty but knew that Tyler would say something that wasn't very PG.

Another two knocks were heard and quickly, Troye put on his black leather jacket, giving himself a once over in the mirror before grabbing his phone and dashing to the door. Careful not to fall or injure himself of course.

He opened the door just as Connor was midway from knocking again. He smiled, his eyes looking over Troye from head to toe.