One

Third Person:

"So what time is the party again?" Troye asks Zoella, Joe's sister, as he walks down the isles of the grocery store looking for frosting and candles to put on Joe's birthday cake. It was Joe's 25 birthday today and Troye wanted it to be special.

He had noticed that Joe had been more stressed lately and Troye wanted him to forget about his work for just one day and be surrounded by his loved ones. He was going to have a party but Troye had something special for him later at night. He had specifically baked him a small cake just for them and bought him a present that he has hidden in the back of their closet. In Troye's mind, the day was going to be perfect. And he hoped it'd be like that in real life.

"Well it starts at six but be there thirty after so everyone can be prepared. You better not give him any hints about tonight!" Zoe warns and although thy were speaking on the phone, Troye knew she was wearing a playful glare. He chuckled and reached out to grab a packet of multi colored candles and set them in his basket.

"I would never. I'm offended you'd think that low of me," Troye said pretending to sound offended.

"Well? You're such a s.lut for my brother that gives in to his every wish. He says jump and you ask from where?" Zoe scoffs and Troye was about to speak but she was right. Troye loved Joe very much so he naturally submits to Joe without a second thought. It was second nature and so far, it wasn't a problem. Or at least not that Troye knew of.

"Whatever. I'll see your b.itch a.ss later. Love you!" Troye says walking to self check out.

"Rude! And love you too!" With that Zoella hung up and Troye shook his head fondly putting his phone away. He sighed scanning his things. Tonight is going to be perfect.

-

"Troye! I'm home!" Joe sang as he stepped into his shared apartment listening for any sound to indicate where his boyfriend was. He had had a long stressful day at work, and all he wanted to do was stay home and cuddle with him. That was his version of a perfect birthday. Unfortunately, Troye had other plans.

Jumping at the sound of Joe's footsteps heading towards their room, Troye hid the small box underneath his pillow and quickly stepped away as Joe opened the door. He raised a suspicious eyebrow, seeing his boyfriend stand in the center of the room with his hands behind his back giving him an innocent smile. "What are you up to love?" Joe asks as he walks towards Troye, looking around the room for anything out of the ordinary. Troye smiles and shakes his head, bringing Joe in for a hug.

"Nothing. Happy birthday babe. You're so old," Troye teases scrunching up his nose and giving him a kiss. Joe laughs.

"Shut up. But at least now you can call me daddy."

"Ew, no," Troye says making a face. Joe shrugs.

"It was worth a try," he says and pulls away from Troye and sits on the bed. Letting out an exhausted sigh as he takes off his shoes and falls back on the bed running a hand over his face. Troye smiles and lays next to him.

"What's wrong?" He asks gently, reaching out and turning Joe's tired face towards him. He sighs.

"My boss."

"What about him?"

"He thinks that I stole his stupid f.ucking important files about upcoming projects about the company  and gave them to the rival," Joe explains gritting his teeth angrily.

"Did you?"

"Of course not but the bloody evidence points to me considering I'm the only one that knows where he keeps his s.hit and because I'm friends with someone that works for the other company." Troye sighs and hugs Joe as best as he can with the position they're in.