Ten

[NOT EDITED]

Third Person:

After scheduling his next appointment where Troye was finally going to know the gender of the baby, Connor and him left the clinic, the picture of his child in his hand and a smile that has yet to leave his lips.

He was dazed. Absolutely excited and completely in love with the idea of having a child. He was scared and unsure of what the future had planned out for him, but he didn't care. As long as his baby was healthy and happy, he would be fine. He'd worry about everything later but at the moment, he couldn't wait for his baby to be born.

"Someone's happy," Connor said looking at Troye who had seemed to forget that he wasn't alone. Troye glanced at Connor, a small blush creeping up his neck. Is it that noticeable? He looked at the picture once more before putting away in his pocket.

"Sorry," he said although he wasn't sure what he was apologizing for and they continued their journey back to Tyler's apartment.

"Don't be sorry. You have every right to be happy. You're having a child, that's pretty fucking great." Troye chuckled and nodded in agreement falling quiet after that as he thought about the time when he thought the pregnancy was the worst thing that could've happened to him. Blamed the child for Joe leaving when that wasn't the case. Maybe it was Troye's fault or maybe it was Joe's, but their baby had nothing to do with it.

"So have you thought of any names?" Connor asked curiously, a list of names running in his own mind. Troye shook his head.

"Not really. Though I should probably get on that shouldn't I?"

"Well you have some time to figure it out. I was just asking." Troye nodded and began thinking of some names though none of them really clicked with him. He began feeling sad, thinks about how picking the name should be something to do with your partner. What would Joe pick? He asked himself but shook his head. It was clear that Joe wanted nothing to do with Troye of the child considering he's done nothing to reach out to Troye.

Troye sighed. How could he of been so stupid?

"I like the name Finn," Connor spoke, oblivious to Troye's change in mood. Shaken from his thoughts he looked at Troye who was already looking at him with a small smile. A blush formed on Troye's cheek and he looked away wondering why the walk back seemed so long.

"It's cute," Troye said, saying the name in his head. It had a nice ring to it, so he put it on a mental list of potential names. "I like Layla for a girl."

"Awe," Connor cooed. "I love it." Troye smiled starting to wonder if Joe would've had the same reaction. But before his mind could wander more into it, they arrived at the apartment complex.

They walked up the steps to Tyler's brown door. Troye fishing around in his pocket for the key. Unlocking the door he opened it, turning to Connor.

"Umm, thanks for coming with me today. You didn't have to but I appreciate that you did." Connor smiled.

"It wasn't any problem. I had fun, though when I get home I'm gonna do a lot of research about male pregnancy." Troye laughed.

"Okay. Well, goodbye," Troye said, stepping inside and giving Connor one last look before closing the door. But Connor stopped the door from fully closing, Troye's eyebrows knitting in curiosity. "Umm?" Connor bit his lip, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Um, I was just wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me tomorrow night?" Troye was taken back. His heart thumping wildly in his chest for whatever reason. Was it a date? Or just a friendly dinner?

They've only known each other for too little amount of time to call it either, yet Troye didn't really mind.

"Okay." Connor blinked, looking rather surprised that Troye agreed. He let out a breath of relief, a toothy grin plastered on his childlike face.

"Wow, great. I'll pick you up tomorrow at seven." Troye nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Kay. Goodbye."

"Bye." And with that Troye closed the door, his heart racing rapidly and emotions flooding through his that he didn't think he would feel again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I know, it sucked but I'm like two weeks late on it and this story is getting hard to write because I'm not really sure where I'm going with it. I don't want to delete it so I'm just asking you guys to be patient with me and those of you that have been I love you so much.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW