chapter 11: into the past part 3

Vlad the impaler has just returned from the meeting a few days latter, it was dark outside and only the moon gave off any light, he got off his black as night horse and was greeted by his servants, who he merely ignored and heads straight inside and to his corridor expecting to see Artemis but when he made it into the room he sees no sign of her and growled in anger and looked at a servant who stood shaking with fear.
Vlad: where is she?!?! -he demands- 
his strong romanian voice was harsh and the servant stood there frozen in fear and gulped about to speak when a maid spoke.
maid: she is in the art room your majesty, she has been in there for quite some time now -nervously replied-  
he stalks past them and walked towards the direction of the art room, his footsteps echoing throughout the long corridor, once he made it to the art room he opens the door  and looks in, he sees his wife had fallen asleep, her head laid upon the desk, her long brown silky hair was tied up into a high ponytail, scattered around her was her many paintings and sketches, he looked at the canvas  that was half way finished, it was that of a blue rose, no flaws laid upon it, he looked at the painting a bit more mesmerised by it, he heard a sudden whimper  and glanced down with his deep blue eyes at his sleeping wife, she had an pained expression on her face. he stood there in thought, what was he to do in this situation? he has never been in a situation like this before,  he was confused feeling strange feelings in his chest, was it guilt? he softly ran his fingers into her soft hair seeing her pained look soften and relaxed, seeing her calm down he gently picks her up bridal style and carried her out the room, by now there was no servants or maids to witness Vlad the king of Wallachia  carrying his wife bridal style, if they were to see it they would most certainly be shocked, once he made it to there room he gently laid his wife on the king sized bed and removed his heavy armor, once he was done and in a more comfortable sleep wear he laid on the bed beside her, her shoulders moved up and down slowly as she breaths well sleeping, he turns over and faces the opposite direction, so many thoughts ran threw his head, why was he feeling guilty? it made no sense, he did not feel regret or remorse for those he killed for many years, his enemies and his subjects and yet he was feeling it now towards the girl who laid beside him, this left the king feeling highly confused and he slowly fell asleep. the next day Artemis woke up to a knock on the door and she yawned and got up to open the door, she was confused to how she wound up in bed when she knew she was in the art room but now in her room? who could have possibly done this? she looked beside her on the bed to see it was empty and sighed knowing that Vlad always got up really early, could he have done it? she thinks to herself and before she could dwell on it more there was another knock on the door, she got up and opened the door to see jane.
jane: good morning your majesty -says with a bow-
Artemis: and a good morning to you too jane and pleas just call me Artemis when we are alone for i am equal to you
she moved out the way to let jane in, jane looked at Artemis in confusion
jane: no i must not for you are royalty now and i can no-
artemis: its ok jane -smiling-
jane: if you insist then....Artemis, i have to say that is such an beautiful and enchanting name
jane helps Artemis get ready for the day
Artemis: thank you, my mother gave it to me, you see my father was an alchemist and he wanted a apprentice so every once in a while he would send me out to get ingredients for the medicine he made from wild plants, he did make some poisons by accident though heh -saddened some- 
jane sees the sadness and looked worried
jane: are you ok Artemis?
Artemis looked down sadly than back up at the older lady and gave her a fake smile.
Artemis: im doing well, no need to worry yourself im fine really 
jane: if you say so.......if you need to talk to anyone im here for you
Artemis smiled and nodded.
A few months pass by and it strangely seems like Vlad is treating his wife a little better than he had before, it was small changes like he was not so cruel to her anymore and sometimes even smiled at her, maybe she had somewhat melted that frozen heart of his just a little and it made her somewhat happy and maybe just maybe she could forgive him. Artemis was walking down the corridor after being excused from the dinning room full of nobles, this was an once a month thing they had, she soon was outside and walked into the garden of flowers that moved gently in the slow wind and she was at peace until it was broken.
Mina: were do you think your going commoner?
Artemis frowned and turned around seeing princess Mina, she looks angry and glaring at Artemis.
Artemis: why should i tell you? you should shut up!
Mina: you have no right to speak to me in that way! you are only at that status because you married Vladimir! he was supposed to marry me! we were supposed to have children and rule wallachia together! but no he had to choose you! a mere peasant! i've had just about enough of you getting in my way! once you are gone he will love me!
with a crazy smile that shows she has lost her mind, she takes out a knife that was hidden in her bag on her hip, it was long and jagged and had a sharp tip, Artemis took a step back a bit scared seeing the crazy look in the princess's eyes.
Artemis: ARE YOU MAD?!?
Mina: yes i am and in the name of love! you will die by my hands!
Mina let out a banshee like scream that can pierce any ears and break windows as she ran at Artemiss with the knife and artemis quickly dodged the attack and punched the girl in the back of the head making her growl in pain and tried to stab her again, this time the blade nicked Artemis's arm a bit drawing blood and she growled in pain than as Mina went to strike again Artemis punched her in the face but the knife went threw her side and she got a bit dizzy and started to lose blood and she fell to the ground holding her now bleeding side and glaring up at the princess.
mina: this is the end for you!
mina holds the blade up about to strike Artemis but was stopped by a firm and strong hand that grabbed Mina's wrist painfully making her drop the knife that landed next to Artemis's feet, she looked up and was face to face with the mad king himself and boy was he mad! he gave her a glare so dark that it even scared Artemis a little.
mina: oh my dear prince.....
Mina looked nervous and winces in pain as he tightened his grip on her wrist so tight it was about to break.
vlad: what is the meaning of this?!
Vlad demanded as he yanked the princess away from Artemis who was bleeding pretty badly, the black haired woman looks up at him.
Mina: prince vlad i can be your mad queen! i am highly more suited for the title! we can be together and rule over wallachia, unlike this peasant i will do whatever you want, i'll abide by your every command -lust clouded her eyes as her lips pull back into an seductive smile- Every command
Artemis glared at Mina in disgust, how can a woman just simply throw herself at a man like that so easily? the mad king looked at the woman who was now pushing herself against him, you could see the anger in his cold blue eyes and he pushed her away.
Vlad: you're nothing more than a sad and desperate wench! -his voice harsh and cold-
Mina's eyes widened in surprise at those words that he spoke to her, before she could utter an single word he continued his insults on her.
Vlad: just like the rest who has bowed down before me and begged for me to take their hands in marriage, you are just a lowly weakling who is beneath me! you are unworthy of being my queen!
Mina's blue eyes widened in shock at the shocking and hurtful words he just spoke, but those shocking eyes grew in rage and pointed to Artemis.
mina: so your telling me that peasant, who is nothing is worthy of being by your side but not me?! how is this piece of-    
everything for Artemis was a slight blur, one minute Mina and Vlad are a few centimeters away from each other than the next thing she knew, Mina was on the ground holding her now bruised cheek as Vlad stands over her, the look on his face was enough to cause her to shake in fear.
vlad: do not speak of my wife that way wench! she is more worthy than you will ever be! 
vlad sneered at mina, artemis's eyes widened, is he......defending her? Mina's anger boiled up inside her and glared at vlad.
mina: I AM MORE WORTHY THAN THAT PEASANT! I SHOULD BE YOUR QUEEN NOT HER!
vlad growled in so much anger that he got out his sword from the sheath and with no mercy brought the blade  down on mina who yelped in pain before his sword cut her head clean off! vlad then turned and his face softened and he picked up Artemis and quickly walked to the castle and told the maids to get medical supplies and he laid her  on the bed and jane came in and started to clean Artemis up and bandage her up, Artemis looked up at Vlad.
Artemis: w.....why did you save me?
vlad: you are my wife, i chosed you for a reason and that reason is not for you to die
Artemis: then why did you choose me?
vlad: you're not like other wenches that i have grown accustomed to, your passion is so full of fire that it enlightens me, your fearless face once you have seen my presence sparked my interest in you even more, most would fear me at first glance but not you and that is why i chose you, a queen worthy of being by my side
Artemis: thank you for saving me
vlad nodded and turned and silently left the room knowing she was in good hands leaving a shocked jane and a smiling artemis.
the vision fades out and im now in the middle of the fields of flowers and i look around
me: h....hello? -nervously-
 Artemis: you have nothing to fear my dear
i turned around seeing a exact replica of myself except with longer hair and glowing red eyes and dressed in a all black dress that suited her well, this was the same girl i seen in the dreams and vision, this is Artemis........me but not me? im so confused because my name is Alex NOT artemis right? 
me: what's going on? 
Artemis: please sit and i will explain everything to you, this is going to be a long explanation so please get comfortable
i did as i was told to and sat, Artemis sat in front of me and she began to speak
Artemis: you are remembering who you were in the past........you were me and i am you, do you remember when we forgave vlad? we were happy for a while then tragedy struck and we were degraded and our love was beheaded, our people killed and our kindom burned down to the ground by our enemies king who then turned us into his servant, we were mistreated and beaten but that did not stop us from staying strong, about a month later the king tried to force himself onto us but we fought back and won by killing the king and drank his blood changing us into a vampire, after that we killed everyone in the enemy's castle draining them of their blood, after that we wondered and killing people, bad people  and draining there blood but our life came to an end because of Van Hellsing, before we died we saw our love again but he was not known as Vlad any more but Dracula, do you remember the look of pure happiness on his face seeing us alive? than that went away once Van hellsing used a crossbow shooting us in the heart with silver cased stakes.......we were not as powerful as our love was and we turned to dust and our soul traveled threw time and space to find a new body, this is why you my dear was chosen for experiments and sent back into time itself and why our love, Dracula fell in love with us the first time he saw us, yes we were a maid but we were also his mate always and forever his.
me: yes i remember it all now......
Artemis: good now wake up Alex, our husband waits for us 
after that everything faded into black and i woke up......