chapter 10: into the past part 2

3rd person pov
a month after being forced to marry the prince of Wallachia, witch was the first time he heard Artemis's name since the priest had to know it, Artemis basically had to do everything he tells her too, even though in some cases she retaliated against him, she was not willing to give up or give in with out a fight that is fore sure. it was bad enough that she hated him with a burning passion but being with him in his presence almost every minute of the day was hell. Artemis and Vlad bicker about a lot of things, basically anyone could feel the tension between the two and usually stay silent in fear of one of them snapping, they were surprised that a commoner girl would argue against the intimidating mad king. no one has ever done this before in fear of being impaled, she was quite the fierce rebellious one, they were surprised that she was not killed yet, Artemis sighed as a maid named Jane applied her makeup, Artemis did not like all the dressing up and makeup, infact she hated it.
Artemis: i hate this very much -says with an sour look-
Jane: your majesty, you must look your best for his majesty's guests
artemis: i care little for his guests, they will just speak of nothing but the wealth they bath in and how they are of higher status and are more worthy than those of lower status
jane: you will just have to get adjusted to it, your majesty
as jane's dark hands place lipstick down, Artemis could not help but to smile at the young maid, jane then tied the young queen's brown hair back into an ponytail and letting her bangs fall, framing her beautiful snow white face, she wore a elegant black and red dress that she knew she could never afford in all her life, Artemis sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, she looked different with the dress and makeup.
jane: you look truly beautiful, your majesty, now lets be off, his majesty awaits your presence
jane leads artemis out of the room and down the steps, at the end stood Vlad (Dracula), his dark appearance alone could scare anyone but not her, she would not give him that satisfaction, once down the stairs Artemis gave Vlad a cold glare earning his usual impassive look, the tension between them was thick and even jane could feel it. silently he laced his arm with hers and walked to the dining room, Artemis sat at the huge table beside Vlad, all around them were nobles of different lands, Artemis only spoke when spoken too, but besides that she didn't speak often because she was disgusted by these snobby and rude nobles that talked about the lower class and how they were better than them, just as predicted, they would usually just ask her mocking questions about her being lower class herself and all and think she was happy to be married to a rich and well known king but all in reality she was upset with these false Allegations they have on her, she was not happy no, she was far from it, she was mad, angry, upset and most of all sad, life for her was a living hell at the moment, she lost her family and was forced into marriage that she did not have any say in, she was also feeling very uncomfortable, especially since there was a set of eyes glaring daggers at her the whole time. she looked over her plat of food and noticed that the glares came from an beautiful woman who looked to be in her 20's, she had long black wavy hair and piercing blue eyes, her skin was fair and void of any flaws, she had been glaring at Artemis since the feast started and she was getting sick of it, she got up and saw all eyes on her and quickly asked Vlad to be dismissed saying she felt ill and needed rest, with a slight wave of his hand letting her leave she quickly walked out of the room glad that she was able to leave the room not wanting to spend another minute in there and as she walked she could feel the burning gaze of the woman from in the dinning room. the silence in the room was soon broken by a new voice.
noble: your new bride is quite a quiet one, she has not spoken the whole time unless spoken too
noble 2: just the way a wife should act -nodding-
Vlad paid no attention to them and looked toward the seat were the princess named Mina sat that was now empty, he saw her sneak away just moments ago from the corners of his eyes, she was following his wife, his eyes narrowed and he excused himself from the table to silently follow them curious to what Mina's plans were. Artemis was walking down the long dimly lit corridors, she lets out a sigh, she was happy to finally be away from them, she was very uncomfortable and anxious around them, she did not notice the female presence behind her.
mina: Wench!
Artemis halted to a stop and turned to face the woman behind her, the woman behind Artemis had a angry look on her face.
Artemis: what did you just call me? -a bit mad-
mina: a wench, since that is what you are, who are you to waltz your way into the castle and steal my Vlad?! -voice laced with rage and venom-
Artemis: i did not take him, i was forced to marry him, i did not have a choice in the matter, he dose not take no for a answer -calmly says-
Artemis turned and began to walk away not wanting to deal with the princess's obvious jealousy, this was not the first time she had to deal with a jealous woman, she did silently admit that Vlad is a very handsome man with wealth and power so that only means he has plenty of female admirers (fangirls XD) and she knew this, she met plenty of them before hand in the first few days of being married to him, she felt a hand firmly grasp her wrist and she looked at the woman with an glare.
mina: this has not ended, no matter what you are just a lowly peasant who means nothing to Vlad! he only keeps you around to for fill his own desires and pleasures, nothing more and nothing less for you are merely just a servant to him!
Artemis snatched her arm away from the black haired princess and threw heated glares at her making her step back a few steps.
Artemis: put your filthy hands on me again and i will have them removed!
mina looked at Artemis in shock.
Artemis: Also do not let your jealousy blind you from the truth, yes i know i'm merely just a commoner that he uses for his deeds but i am cursed, cursed to to live knowing that my family is dead and i have to be with a man that i do not truly love, the man who is responsible for my parents deaths, you will never understand this burden or pain i have and i would not wish this horrible fate upon you or any of my worst enemies, now i will be off for i do not wish to be in your presence any longer -says coldly-
with that Artemis walked away emotionless leaving the princess to gawk at her in shock and slight fear before huffing and leaving, the two ladies were unaware of a pair of blue eyes that watched them from the shadows in amusement, Artemis made it into her shared chamber and sighed, she quickly got a bucket of water and a rag and started to clean her face, when she was done she got into an night gown and laid on the king sized bed and curled up silently crying herself to sleep. a few days after the confrontation with the princess, Artemis has been trying to forget about it by keeping herself busy with different things, one of those being her going to the flower garden that was outside the castle, she would regularly go there most of her time to clear her mind and to get away from the castle, it was her sanctuary, she loved seeing the many different flowers, it calmed her. while in her sitting place she lightly touched a white tulip, she let her mind start to wonder off into its own little world, she knew that the confrontation with the princess was not the end but the beginning of something bad that would eventually happen, she knew that situation was unavoidable, she starts to wonder why Vlad had to choose her of all people and was secretly glad he did otherwise she would be dead.
jaine: your majesty its time for your lessons! -interrupting Artemis from her thoughts-
Artemis sighed and got up from her spot on the ground and began to walk with jane back inside, along the way she thanked jane for getting her, the two started to talk about stuff than Artemis thinks about the princess.
Artemis: jane who was that woman with the long black curly hair and blue eyes?
jane looked in thought for a moment before a look of recognition appeared.
jane: if i recall correctly, that is princess Mina, she is said to be from a far away land and traveled miles here to be the next bride to Vlad but he was not interested in her, why do you ask your majesty?
Artemis: she despises me so, during the whole feast she was glaring daggers at me
artemis sighed and purposely left out the part when she was confronted by the princess herself, Artemis wasn't one to fight since she believed it would not help and would just cause more problems, but if it came down to it than she would fight.
jane: well you are the bride of prince Vlad, he is well known for not just cruel ways but also appearance
Artemis: i know jane
jane: i give you my blessings your majesty
Artemis: im going to need all the blessings i can get
jane: im sure you will do well
Artemis: not with a woman like that, i know she despises me to my very soul
jane: don't worry, now be off
Artemis sighed wishing that jane did not have to leave her, she did not want to be face to face with her teacher, her teacher Jill was harsh and to the point, if she did not get something right the woman would insult and yell at her and tell her to do it over even if it was the tiniest little mistakes, she always says a princess is perfect and since she is a princess who does not have any skills of being royalty that she has to start from the beginning and work her way up which means she has to become perfect from nothing, she sighed as she opens the door and walks inside and there in the middle of the room was Jill, her teacher with the normal stern look on her face and a book in her hands.
Jill: Now that you have arrived lets begin!
Artemis shuttered a little from the loud and rude voice of her teacher
jill: well what are you waiting for?!? hurry up! -harsh tone and very loud-
Artemis immediately began what she was supposed to do, which was balancing a book on her head well standing straight up and walking, after a hour of tiring training with her mean teacher, Artemis was finally finished with the day's lesson, when she left the room, she found herself with nothing to do so she wandered the halls. Vlad was out at a meeting in the next town over, she was happy for that because she did not have to do as he commanded until he returns, Artemis was exploring the castle and smiled sweetly at the servants as she walked by them, she was in a good mood, the servants would look surprised and return the kindness Artemis gave them, she could tell there not used to kindness but she understood why, this was Vlad were talking about, he's known for his cruelty and coldness, which she seen at first hand when he sentenced a servant to be impaled for stealing food, she tried to persuade Vlad to not kill the servant but he just gave her a cold look and said that as a woman she should stay in her place and not question him, that made her dislike him even more. Artemis went from room to room curios to what she might find in the dark castle and to what secrets it holds, she found a art room, it was huge and beautiful with red and blue tiles and a huge window that looked oddly like a bouquet of flowers, there was hundreds of thousands of paints and art supplies and canvases and paper, she smiled and gathered what she needed and put on a apron than started to paint.