chapter 9: into the past part 1

Alex's pov
I found myself in a field and in front of me was the woman in my painting, she had long brunette hair and pail skin and red eyes, she had beautiful red lips.
woman: hello Alex, my name is Artemis and i am you..........
me: me? how?
Artemis: that is what i am here to tell you, sit and you will learn of our past 
me: o......ok -sits-
3rd person pov
once a long time ago there lived an young girl no more than 15 years old, her name was Artemis, she was the most beautiful girl in the small village, she was sweet and kind to everyone, there was no one that hated her, they all loved her, one of her favorite hobbies was to pain, she was very good at painting any and every thing, she was a only child and her parents were poor but loved her very much. one day as she was outside painting, men in suits of armor from the castle had come and grabbing young girls throwing them into a cage on wheels,  one of the men grabbed her, she tried her best to get free but the man was too strong and she screamed trying to get free from the cage and she sees her mother and father run out and beg for there daughter back but the guards did not, but instead slaughtered Artemis's father like a pig in front of Artemis and teirs fall down her face seeing her mother get cut down and the cage started to move and after about 2 hours she was put into a dungeon and left there for a few days waiting than looks over and sees a old lady who greats her.
Artemis: what is the meaning of this, were am i and whats going on?!
the old lady gave her a sympathetic look
old lady: well dear you are in the castle of Vlad the third himself, he is in search of a bride to be, that is the reason why you are here
Artemis's eyes widened in shock, Vlad Tepes the third, there were  rumors that he was cold hearted and inhuman , he impales his enemies and shows no mercy, Artemis sighs.
Artemis: a......bride to be.........
the old woman nodded but was surprised by an younger female's sudden outburst "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BRIDE TO A MADE MAN WHO KILLED MY FAMILY FOR THE SAKE OF LOOKING FOR AN BRIDE!" 
old lady: my deepest apologies but you  have no word in it, he however dose and will only choose one of you
Artemis: what about the rest of us if he only chooses one? 
old lady: -sighed- Death 
this causes Artemis's heart to skip a few beats, if he picks one of them than the rest dies!
old lady: well i better be off before the guards returns, i give you my many blessings and if you die I will pray for your soul child.
and with that she leaves, leaving Artemis alone to suffer from the news and the loss of her parents.
woman: Aren't you afraid?
artemis heard a female voice say and she looked threw the bars and at the woman who was in the cell across from her's , she was youthful and looked to be in her early twenties.
Artemis: no -lies calmly-
on the inside though she was very afraid but she wasn't going to show it just yet, the woman gives her a incredulous look.
woman: no? why not? we could die here at any time or moment
Artemis: not if i do not fight , i might die trying but at least i know i die fighting, what is your name?
Woman: it is cat but every one calls me kitten....
Artemis looked away from cat's gaze and pulled her knees to her chest and soon after she closed her green eyes and let sleep consume her, the sound of the bar doors opening awoke Artemis from a nightmare, she quickly looked over and sees a couple of guards, one by one they forcefully grabbed the girls out of their dungeon cells putting shackles on them. When a guard came up to her cell and unlocked the bar door he commanded her to stand but she stayed seated keeping her determined gaze lock on his.
guard: i told you to rise peasant! 
he hissed and pointed his sword at her but she did not move, he growled and pulled her by the hair hearing a small growl of pain from Artemis, he dragged her out of the dungeon and another set of guards grabbed Artemis's arms and one put shackles on her arms and ankles, she bowed her head letting her long brown hair fall into her face, they walked for a few minutes until they reached a set of beautiful double doors. one of the guards that stood by it opened one and they walked in, Artemis could not help but to slightly look up and see a girl in front of the impaler himself, he looked at her coldly with an determining gaze, the girl was shaking in fear feeling small compared to him.
Vlad: she is not who i'm looking for in a woman, rid her out of my presence! 
the girl starts to cry and beg for her life to be spared as guards took her away, Artemis looked away from the sight feeling disgusted at that man for doing such a thing, the guards that held her walked up in front of Vlad and harshly threw her on the ground in front of him.
vlad: look up
Artemis slowly did showing  him no ounce of fear even though she was terrified of this monster  before her, she glared at him showing him that just because he is big and strong doesn't mean she will bow down to him, he seemed quite amused by the look she was giving him, he darkly chuckled sending shivers down her spine.
Vlad: that look in your eyes amuses me, so much anger is held with in them, you do not show fear, it lightens my passion to make you mine
Artemis: i do not wish to be betrothed to you!
the guards look at her in shock, Vlad just gave her a cold look, though amusement danced like fire in his sapphire eyes, she was a burning passion, he had to admit.
Vlad: you are a rebellious one but you will have to follow my every command from this day forth
artemis: and if i do not?
vlad: than you will die
artemis: if i die trying than so be it!
every one even vlad himself was shocked
vlad: a woman who dose not fear death when she is face to face with it is a woman worthy enough being my bride!
vlad smirked triumphant, Artemis knew that she had no choice, it was inevitable since he made up his mind, and what the impaler wants he gets and she was stuck with no other choice but to become the mad king's bride to be.