Partners

Lisa P.O.V
Well today's the day I go on the train and head to the capital, my sisters are coming but they can't be with me sadly. I'll be able to see them once more before I enter the games, I honestly am scared shitless about all of this but I can't show them.
"Train to the capital is now boarding" the conductor said and I turned to my sisters and see that they have tears in there eyes.
"Hey I'll see you guys soon okay? Love you guys so much" I told them and we all hugged and then we pulled apart and I walked onto the train and I turned around facing the entrance and waved at my sisters until the doors closed.
I walked to the cart I had to go to and saw Clayton and some other men sitting, great the only girl how lovely.
The one who was dressed in a suit came up to me and shook my hand.
"Hello I'm Jackson and I will be mentoring you and Clayton." He said and I nodded. I sit down next to Clayton and he flashed me a small smile. I think he should be a pretty good partner during this whole mess though we probably won't get far.
"Okay well you guys have training in 2 days but in 3 days is you showing your skills to the peacekeepers and the president" Jackson told us and I nodded.
"We have a 5 hour train ride, you can go anywhere you would like" he said and then got up and walked out.
"Well I'm John and I'm going to be your stylist Lisa" he told me while smiling and I nodded. I then heard the train start to move so I got up and went to the back and opened the door and looked and saw my sisters still there. I waved at them and they waved back and I continued watching until they finally disappeared over the horizon.
I stayed out there just watching everything as we go by and I can't believe it, it's actually really beautiful. District 12 is basically just a huge pile of shit but this is beautiful. I then heard the metal door open behind me and heard footsteps come besides me. I looked to my right and saw Clayton looking out at the horizon.
"Beautiful isn't it?" He said and his voice was honestly angelic, it wasn't too deep or too high but perfect.
"Yeah it is" I responded quickly
"Your really brave you know that?" He said suddenly and I looked at him questionably.
"How?" I asked him and he chuckled
"You volunteering, your pretty strong I gotta give you that" he said and I blushed.
"I'd do it for any of them any day, there my sisters" I tell him and he nodded.
He then got up and walked back inside and I continued looking over the horizon.
Clayton P.O.V
I just walked back inside from having a small talk with Lisa and she's amazing. I've always took an interest in her since we were little but I never talked to her. She was a very mysterious one I must say, I feel as if she is more than she lets on about herself.
I sat down in our cart and pulled out a picture of me and my brothers. God I'm gonna miss them so much, I'm glad none of them got picked because their only 16 and 15. I hope they stay strong through this as well as my parents because I don't think I'm gonna survive this, no one from district 12 ever has and it's happened 82 times! It's sad to see that Lisa will end up dying as well and I grieve for her family because she truly is a special gem.
"Your brothers?" I hear someone say behind me and I turn and see Lisa standing there with a smile on her face.
"Yeah" I responded
"What's there names?" She asked and I pointed to the both of them
"That's Chantry and that's Connor" I told her and she nodded. I looked at Lisa and noticed she had a necklace on her neck, she never had one from what I remember.
"Who gave you the necklace?" I asked her and she seemed surprised that I noticed.
"Oh uhm my sister Amy, my father gave it to her and she gave it to me for good luck" she said and I nodded, when your in the games you need as much luck as you can get.
"That's cool, so you ready for any of this?" I ask her though I already know the answer and she sighs.
"I am but I'm not, I just wanna stay with my sisters and protect them ya know?" She tells me and I nodded because I want to do the same.
"Yeah I feel you on that, I'm also sorry about your parents, sorry your hearing me say it years later" I told her genuinely and she nodded.
"Thanks, it's been rough but we've been getting through it" she told me and I nodded.
"We should probably get some food because we're gonna need all the energy we can get" I tell her and she nodded and we both started walking to where the food cart was. We got on and boy was it filled with TONS of food.
We looked at each other and smiled and then bolted towards the food, I got a plate full of beef, corn, and some fruit as she got some beef, peas, and some fruit. Guess we like the same things haha..
We both sat down and started to eat in silence and honestly I haven't eaten this good in ages and the same goes for Lisa because I do know thy aren't wealthy but they are well respected. I know her older sister Katherine taught Connor for a year or two and she was great, I did meet her and she was a very nice girl but they are the Cimorelli's so what do you expect.
We finished eating and I got up and went back to our cart and layed down and was relaxing until my exhaustion kicked in and I was engulfed by darkness.

A/N: Hey guys here's the next chapter! Sorry about the lateness I was sorta obsessed with Cimorelli's new album hehe ITS FLIPPING AMAZING!!!! Easy to forget me legit describes one of my situations so freaking well it's honestly scary, and then worth the fight, acid rain, and up at night are freaking GOALS!!!!! I WAS BLESSED BY THE GODS TODAY I SWEAR! Hopefully y'all liked this chapter and tell me what you guys thought of it!
See y'all l8er!
~Nikki