Chapter 26 - When You Can't Sleep At Night

[Narrator's POV]

Days passed by and the conditions Katrina was in and food she was given eventually got her sick. She had a high fever and was vomitting from lack of good nutrition and food. Not to mention the beatings Nate gave her just made her feel more worse.

Nate had left since he heard something outside.

She then remembered a song her Uncle Austin taught her and ehr friends to sing if they ever need to calm down.

She sighed, getting ready for the moment even she wondered about.

And soon, the words held by Katrina by years finally escaped her lips in loud whispers.

"Pretty little lady with your swollen eyes
Would you show them to me?
I know I’m not that perfect
But you stay awhile
Baby, then you will see
Miles away I can still feel you..."

For the first time, Katrina was saying words, singing them. For the first time in her life, she had a voice.

She felt a bit proud of herself, but still too tired to remain awake for long.

Katrina sang the lines again and again as she sat alone in the scary basement.

***

Meanwhile, Copeland and Willow kept moving forward, unaware that their friend was closer than they thought.

Copeland was upset she dropped her Minion plushie when her and Willow darted into the woods.

They sipped some grape juice boxes while trying to stay calm, since to them, the forest was a scary place at night.

"Cope, i have an idea. Remember that song Uncle Austin taught us? About the pretty little lady??" Willow asked, tossing her juice box to the side.

"Yeah," Copeand replied.

"Maybe if we sing it, it can help us not feel scared," Willow suggested.

"Good idea," Copeland said as they sang part of the song.

Pretty little lady with your swollen eyes
Would you show them to me?
I know I’m not that perfect
But you stay awhile
Baby, then you will see
Don’t give up, Baby
I know that its shaky
Just let love consume us
Consume us…

They sang that part "When You Can't Sleep At Night" over and over again, feeling moer at ease.

As they sang it a couple more times, they didn't realize that danger...

....was just right behind them.....

(A/N: Anyone else thought about Slenderman at this part?)

***

Katrina kept singing when suddenly the door slammed open and she heard screaming.

She was horrified when Nate threw in Willow Radke and Copeland Quinn, her best friends.

"KITTY!!!" the two little girls cried as the they hugged their friend, who was ill and weak.

The three girls clutched to each other as Nate shut the door, snickering.

"All three of them, huh? Wouldn't their parents just LOVE to hear about this," he smirked sarcastically as he dialed Ari's number.

~~~~~~~~~

Listennig to When You Can't Sleep at Night by Of Mice & Men.

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=