Chapter 10 - I Love You

[Mike's POV]

I sat down with Tony as he told me what Ari told him. He walked in on her while she was in shock.

I bury my head in my hands.

So hard to believe it. I'm going to be a dad.

"So, what are you going to do??" Tony asked.

"Well, of course I'm not leaving Ari to raise the kid on her own. Tony, i know this seems surprising, but... I love Ari, more than i loved Frenchi," i admitted.

His eyes widen. "So, you really have strong feelings for her??" he asked.

I nod. "Yeah. I've had them for a while. To be honest, even when i was with Frenchi. I really do love Ari," i said.

Tony smiles. "That's great man. So, what are you going to do??" he asked.

"Well, I'm not leaving Ari, alone, obviously. I helped create this kid, and she shouldn't be left alone. Its also my responsibility," i said.

"Wow, Mike. Sounds like a new you," Tony said.

I shrug. "Its love, dude," i said. "Where is Ari??" 

"She's sleeping," Tony said, pointing to the bunks.

"Then I'll talk to her tonight while everyone's at the bonfire," i said.

"Alright, let's get going," Tony said as we grabbed some more steak and food for outside.

It was just our luck when right when we were going to start the bonfire that night, it had started raining and we were getting everything inside.

Ari was awake when i was the first one in, helping tony with the cooled grill. She sat on the couch of the lounge room.

Tony nods at me as i walk up to Ari, kneeling down next to her.

"Hey," i said.

"Hi," she said nervously.

"Mind if we talk over there??" i asked, giving her a friendly smile to asure he not to be scared.

She nods and we walk towards the kitchen, sitting at the across the table from each other. I can already see tears beginnning to form in her eyes.

"So, its true, then??" i asked.

She nods, tears flowing from her eyes.

"A-Are you mad??" he cried in a whisper.

I shake my head, and take her hands from across the table, holding them in mine, kissing the back of her right hand.

"I'm not going to be some dead beat and walk out on the two of you. I promise you, Ari, I'm not going to leave you to raise this baby alone. I love you so much, and the last thing i want is for you to get hurt," i said.

She then gets up and walks toward me. Without warning, she throws her arms around me and hugs me tight.

I stiffen in surprise but then hug her back.

"I love you so much, too, Mike," she said.

I then pull back but keep my arms around her waist as i pull her to my lap.

"I promise, I'll always be there for you and the baby," i said, smiling at her, my hand gently on her tummy. She smiles back at me.

"Baby??" a voice boomed from the door making us jump to our feet.

It was Jaime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shit's about to go down!!!!

FEEDBACK!!!!!!