xiii || house of progress

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, nothing, nothing," Lavender said to herself, looking through pages on the internet.

She had tried everything to find that ring, she'd searched the whole house and looked all over the internet.

****

"Nina?" Jerome said, walking in to Nina's room

"What do you want Jerome?" She asked

"I want to know why you re lying about being ill," Jerome told her.

Nina didn't respond, she just stayed quiet.

"FABIAN, ED-" Jerome started to shout.

"Okay, okay, okay," Nina spoke quickly, stopping Jerome, "I'm... Um..." She stuttered, as she tried to think of a lie to tell Jerome, "I'm trying to make Fabian worried about me, so he spends more time with me." She decided upon telling him, so she didn't have to tell him the truth.

"Fine... Can't argue with that, makes sense," Jerome mumbled, before awkwardly walking out.

****

"I'm going to find out what is going on," Mara said standing up and walking out.

"I'm going to look over the internet," Fabian told them, also leaving.

"I'm going to speak to Nina," Eddie said, walking out too.

"So..." Charlie said sitting next to Patricia when she was alone, "We still meeting at midnight?"

"Uh-Hu," Patricia nodded.

****

"Jerome," Mara said, almost walking into him, "What's going on, why are you so happy?"

"Joy's back," Jerome smiled

"Joy?" Mara asked.

"Yeah, she came back" Jerome smiled.

"Really," Mara squealed, "Where is she?"

"Hathor House, at the moment," Jerome told her.

"Wait!" Mara raised her voice, "Have you told her about the... You know what?"

"No," Jerome told her honestly.

"You haven't changed one bit, you promised me that you would be honest, and wouldn't betray or hurt her," Mara said.

"Hey, this is as much my fault as it is yours," Jerome shot back.

"Oh my God, yeah, I am as bad as you," Mara stuttered, feeling bad and guilty.

"Well that is offensive," Jerome muttered back, "Oh and I bet you have told Fabian?" He smirked, expecting the answer to be no.

"I have actually," Mara told him.

"You have?" Jerome asked in disbelief, "And?"

"I don't know, he said wasn't happy, and said that we would discuss it more later," Mara explained, "You need to tell Joy," She added.

"I will do it the next time I see her," Jerome promised.

****

"The ring?" Fabian muttered to himself, looking at the reply from Victor, "What ring?"

'Where is it?' Fabian typed back.

'Chasm' The reply came through.

"Chasm?" Fabian whispered to himself, confused.

****

"Hey, Mara, Jerome," Eddie said, as he saw Mara when he was heading to Nina and Lavender's room.