Chapter 28: Don't listen.

I was taking my last test today. After this school was practically over. Last question, multiple choice. B. Done. "Pencils down." the teacher calls. She collected the exams and I went outside where James was waiting for me.

"How did it go?" He immediately asked.

"No kiss?" He quickly pecked my lips and repeated his question. "It went great. Thanks to my amazing tutor." We both smiled as I pulled him in for a kiss.

"I see you finally found a boyfriend. Maybe from now on you will stay away from mine." I suddenly heard behind me. Luna.

"You and Logan, weren't and aren't together."

"Now that's where you're wrong. We're back together. And we're going to be prom king and queen."

"Well good for you." I say fake excited. Not caring at all.

"You shouldn't even bother to show up. Unless you're going for the underdog vote, but even then you stand no chance." She throws her hair over her shoulder and walks away. Anger was boiling inside me. I can't believe we used to be best friends. I feel James' hand on my shoulder and surprisingly it calms me down. He turns me around and kisses my lips.

"Don't listen to her. You're beautiful." A small smile forms on my lips, and I connect them with his.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"Can you take me home?"

"I'd love to."

"Can I drive?" I giggle. He's so adorable.

"Sure." A wide smile was still on my face. The car ride was rather quiet. But it wasn't an awkward silence. We were just enjoying each other's company. I know James told me not to listen to her but Luna's words kept echoing inside my head. And yes she does make me feel insecure. I've always been insecure. I still don't know why I was ever that popular. We arrived and I walked James to his door. He wanted me to stay but I needed some time for myself. We wrapped our arms around each other firmly, not wanting to let go. "James, I have to go." I said trying to squirm out of his grip, but he wouldn't let go.

"But I don't want you to." He whined. I chuckled and held him extra tight. He leaned down to kiss me and pulled me inside with him. I smiled but slightly pushed him away. I didn't want to go either but I needed some time to myself. I pulled him in for one last kiss and ran to my car. I smirked and waved at James who was leaning against the doorframe. He waved back pouting. He looks so freaking adorable. I blow him one last kiss and he catches it placing it on his heart. I smile and drive home. I enter an empty house. My parents were working as usual and my brother was probably with his girlfriend or something. It's just me and my music.